Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 01:20 AM - 1 Like   #226
Pentaxian

I sold a Tamron Adaptall 80-210mm for the same price I paid for the lens plus Pentax M adapter, keeping the adapter in case I run across any nice adaptalls in the future, though they're mostly slow zooms so not my thing.

08-31-2018, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #227
jnd

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sold nice working Zeiss Contessa LKE, went for less than $20. It camera with other cameras couple years ago. I shot 3 films through it, a little disappointed by corner softness in the Tessar even after stopping down.

Now I will have to sell more to make up space for new gear and also recover the funds. Cosina CT-1 Super will go with Pentax-A 28-80mm. The camera is nice but has awkward +,dot,- LED meter where I don't know how far I'm away from ideal exposure and have to hold down the springed button all the time, which makes it hard to rotate shutter dial at the same time. The lens has loose rings and isn't SMC, otherwise looks good. After that Pentax gear will have to go.
08-31-2018, 02:42 AM   #228
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I sold off the K 28mm f/3.5 shift lens I acquired a few months ago. In the end I didn't have the chance to make use of it's shift capability at all, using it normally for a few shots on film just before selling it.
I had one for a while when I was in Chicago 2000-2004. It was fun for all the big buildings, but in the forest Post Processing perspective control is fine -- trees aren't perfectly straight lines.
08-31-2018, 07:07 AM   #229
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Due to a collision, I was forced to de-acquire my car. (Only my pride was damaged in the incident)

08-31-2018, 11:28 AM   #230
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have not yet learned to release any photgraphy gear back into the wild.

I did finally rid myself of CRT monitors last year though.
08-31-2018, 11:39 AM   #231
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
I have not yet learned to release any photgraphy gear back into the wild.

I did finally rid myself of CRT monitors last year though.
I'm sure that you really miss the weight and space associated with them.
08-31-2018, 11:42 AM   #232
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I recently sold a virtually unused 18-55mm WR.

It was never going to see any use, so I put it on a local classifieds site.

08-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #233
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just took a pair of Crocs ( those uncomfortable ugly shoe things that are all the rage -- probably because they don't cost much ) for the first reason in the parentheses. I don't care how gardening shoes look, but d**n those things are uncomfortable.
08-31-2018, 12:14 PM   #234
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I just took a pair of Crocs ( those uncomfortable ugly shoe things that are all the rage -- probably because they don't cost much ) for the first reason in the parentheses. I don't care how gardening shoes look, but d**n those things are uncomfortable.
Themere fact that Mario Batali loved them is enough to make me pause before wearing anything that ugly.
08-31-2018, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #235
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My feet have few enough redeeming qualities without encasing them in vinyl for half a day .:
08-31-2018, 12:37 PM   #236
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My feet have few enough redeeming qualities without encasing them in vinyl for half a day .:
Yes indeed.
08-31-2018, 12:50 PM   #237
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, but I can't make much of a contribution to this thread. De-acquisition of camera gear is a strang concept to me. But in the interest of getting us to the K-1 goal I will contribute my $0.02.

The last time I de-acquired any Pentax gear was in the mid eighties. I bought a new LX and sold my MX that I had bought used. I have regretted it ever since. There is another MX on its way to me as I write this. One has to make amends.

I also de-acquired a Hasselblad 500C in the late eighties. I have regretted it ever since. I acquired a Hasselblad EL/X last year. One has to make amends.

There was also the time that I de-acquired an SMC M 40mm f/2.8. It was a strange little thing and I haven't regretted it enough to make amends yet.
08-31-2018, 01:04 PM   #238
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Sorry, but I can't make much of a contribution to this thread. De-acquisition of camera gear is a strang concept to me. But in the interest of getting us to the K-1 goal I will contribute my $0.02.

The last time I de-acquired any Pentax gear was in the mid eighties. I bought a new LX and sold my MX that I had bought used. I have regretted it ever since. There is another MX on its way to me as I write this. One has to make amends.

I also de-acquired a Hasselblad 500C in the late eighties. I have regretted it ever since. I acquired a Hasselblad EL/X last year. One has to make amends.

There was also the time that I de-acquired an SMC M 40mm f/2.8. It was a strange little thing and I haven't regretted it enough to make amends yet.
DA40/2.8 XS. Now that’s a strange little thing.
08-31-2018, 01:15 PM   #239
Pentaxian

I just sold my Rokinon 14/2.8. It gets little to no use because I added a 15-30 to my collection for FF, and have a DA 15 Limited for APS-C.

Shipping it out tomorrow, so I suppose until the buyer receives it it's not fully de-acquired.
08-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #240
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
.....I also de-acquired a Hasselblad 500C in the late eighties. I have regretted it ever since. I acquired a Hasselblad EL/X last year. One has to make amends....
Long regretting I never had the chance to acquire, and then deacquire much later (at a BIG profit!), a 500ELM that was "in the cupboard" because it had no battery section, that I found when I joined EMI Medical at Hayes (West side of London) in around 1976. Never knew how it got there and it was never ever used for anything, and I probably could have "acquired" it when the place got shut down 3 yrs later and I got redeployed - but didn't