Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 619 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2019, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #436
Pentaxian

I finally sold the Soviet Zenit SLR I've had sitting around since I bought it for the lens. €10 for a camera which is fine except for the 1/30s speed. The guy bought it for his brother in law to tinker around with - maybe he can fix it and get some good shots out of it.

11-04-2019, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As my annual Columbus Day Weekend leaf peeping trip to The Berkshires was cancelled again this year
I gave away my two rolls of new Ektachrome film, as well as some Portra and Ektar - all of my color film.
I'll get more fresh color film when after New Year's I reserve our cottage for next October.

In addition I gave away one of two spools of bulk original AGFA APX100 film I had,
along with some Ilford HP5+, a film I have never gotten on with.
Don't worry, I still have a shoe box full of black and white film in the refrigerator...

Chris
11-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #438
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
As my annual Columbus Day Weekend leaf peeping trip to The Berkshires was cancelled again this year
I gave away my two rolls of new Ektachrome film, as well as some Portra and Ektar - all of my color film.
I'll get more fresh color film when after New Year's I reserve our cottage for next October.

In addition I gave away one of two spools of bulk original AGFA APX100 film I had,
along with some Ilford HP5+, a film I have never gotten on with.
Don't worry, I still have a shoe box full of black and white film in the refrigerator...

Chris
Why give away your color film? I would think that even it it "expires" before you use it, it will work predictably.
11-19-2019, 02:50 PM - 4 Likes   #439
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

[ just playing it forward ]

my loss is another's gain

I got a mirror lens - Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 500mm f/8 Mirror (55BB) - to see what I could do with it.

but I really haven't had the time or inclination to play with it so I could get good with it

a forum member posted that he had a problem - was searching for a longer reaching lens but had minimum budget.

we talked via pm, he did his due diligence and decided to take the Tamron Mirror off of my hands

so in exchange for paying me shipping costs ( and perhaps a donation to his favorite charity if he likes the lens ) he will be receiving the Tamaron in the near future

11-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #440
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
my loss is another's gain

I got a mirror lens - Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 500mm f/8 Mirror (55BB) - to see what I could do with it.

but I really haven't had the time or inclination to play with it so I could get good with it

a forum member posted that he had a problem - was searching for a longer reaching lens but had minimum budget.

we talked via pm, he did his due diligence and decided to take the Tamron Mirror off of my hands

so in exchange for paying me shipping costs ( and perhaps a donation to his favorite charity if he likes the lens ) he will be receiving the Tamaron in the near future
Well done, Sly
11-19-2019, 03:53 PM   #441
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Well done, Sly
thank you

it isn't a very big donation but someone from the forum helped me out once and so it seems good to pass that on

btw, while he was deciding whether to go for a mirror to work on his problem, he had no idea what I intended to do
11-19-2019, 04:25 PM   #442
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just took my K-3 and all of the little accessories and shipped it off to its new owner in Northern Montana... er, Canada.

I already miss her, but the fun part was 3D printing a body cap on my resin printer. First (and only, so far) successful print I've done on that machine.

11-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #443
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
Why give away your color film? I would think that even it it "expires" before you use it, it will work predictably.

For color stock I avoid anything at or near expiration.
Better that someone will use if while it's fresh.
There's plenty more film where that came from.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 12-02-2019 at 12:10 PM.
11-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #444
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThomSirveaux Quote
I just took my K-3 and all of the little accessories and shipped it off to its new owner in Northern Montana... er, Canada.
Eureka or Sweetgrass?
QuoteQuote:
I already miss her, but the fun part was 3D printing a body cap on my resin printer. First (and only, so far) successful print I've done on that machine.
Good work.
11-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #445
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eureka or Sweetgrass?
Quebec
11-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #446
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThomSirveaux Quote
Quebec
A few yards East of Montana ... Many people near the divide use Montana Shipping Outlet in Eureka (if you're in BC) or Sweetgrass (if you're in AB). Saves a week shipping time and ridiculous UPS border clearance charges. I use Eureka, a whole 55 miles (90 Km) from where I live.
11-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #447
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few yards East of Montana ... Many people near the divide use Montana Shipping Outlet in Eureka (if you're in BC) or Sweetgrass (if you're in AB). Saves a week shipping time and ridiculous UPS border clearance charges. I use Eureka, a whole 55 miles (90 Km) from where I live.
Well, this was my first experience sending something north of the border. Wasn't horrible, and the postal worker at USPS helped me find a better option than what I initially thought.

Always good to know there are more options!
11-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #448
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just gave away my MTO 500/8 mirror lens. It's a good lens, but I barely use it and at this point the only mirror I want is (maybe) the Tamron 55B/55BB, since I have a bunch of other Adaptalls.
12-02-2019, 05:21 AM - 1 Like   #449
Pentaxian

A faulty K 135mm f/2.5 which can hopefully be repaired by it's new owner. I daren't attempt such things.
12-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #450
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

well the mirror lens

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/351981-your-latest-de-ac...ml#post4818909

is finally on its way to a forum member in Idaho

and the collection of expired but not exposed film I got from my brother in law

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/398238-sa...ml#post4830408

is on its way to a forum member in Alabama

each member is only paying for the shipping costs.

Now I need to take a photo or two and list the other items my brother in law gave me

a Canon AE -1 Program SLR

a Canon FD 50mm F1.8 lens,

a Tamron 80-210mm Adaptall AE model 103A and case,

a Canon Speedlight 188 Flash and case

plus manuals for most

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/99051-your-latest-acquis...#ixzz66yVP2D4a

in the marketplace

Last edited by aslyfox; 12-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.