Show Printable Version 619 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

12-15-2017, 12:10 AM - 4 Likes   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had it been a Takumar the mountain would crumble.

Chris
12-16-2017, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One of the many B&H Photo catalogs I get plagued with. Seriously, I do all my shopping online wtf do I need multiple catalogs every 2 months for?
12-18-2017, 06:42 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Got rid of an Argus 75 box camera in a white elephant exchange.

12-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #80
Veteran Member

DA 15. Got a K-1 now so it had to go

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
12-18-2017, 03:14 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A nice looking but not fully operational spare Pentax Winder MX to a fellow PF member.

Chris
01-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
At some point soon I'm going to have to get rid of about 14 Minolta Dynax / Maxxum bodies, I buy them for the lenses (which are just about sellable since they fit early Sony Alphas) but find it very difficult to shift the bodies. I'll probably sell some of the better ones as a job lot and bung the rest out to a charity shop in the next week or two.

01-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
At some point soon I'm going to have to get rid of about 14 Minolta Dynax / Maxxum bodies, I buy them for the lenses (which are just about sellable since they fit early Sony Alphas) but find it very difficult to shift the bodies. I'll probably sell some of the better ones as a job lot and bung the rest out to a charity shop in the next week or two.
Isn't that true of F-series Pentax lenses, too? Generally attached to an SF-series camera, like an SF-10.
01-15-2018, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

F lenses have a viable ready market though since they’re still eminently usable on every Pentax body. Some of them are better than their FA brethren. Sometimes the S cameras are also marketable (I have three )
01-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #85
Pentaxian

I never have any trouble selling Pentax lenses - most Pentax bodies sell fairly well too. Minolta is more of a nuisance because nobody particularly wants the bodies, they're mostly after the lenses.
01-19-2018, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #86
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

literally not a " big deal "

but I am sending off in the USPS today a Pentax view finder cap

PENTAX ME Viewfinder Cap reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

to a forum member who had posted that he was looking for one and bemoaning the costs of such a small item

I don't shoot " bulb " or long exposures so all I have ever done with such items is

unintentionally lose them

so I decided to intentionally lose this one
01-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #87
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
literally not a " big deal "

but I am sending off in the USPS today a Pentax view finder cap

PENTAX ME Viewfinder Cap reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

to a forum member who had posted that he was looking for one and bemoaning the costs of such a small item

I don't shoot " bulb " or long exposures so all I have ever done with such items is

unintentionally lose them

so I decided to intentionally lose this one
That reminds me of a few things I should "intentionally lose"
01-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #88
Pentaxian

I intentionally lost stuff at work a few times before I retired, usually in self-defense - I was chief lab technician in a school and it was sometimes difficult to write off dangerous equipment, much easier to say "sorry, it doesn't work any more because someone lost one of the parts and they last made them in the 1960s, maybe it's time to buy a new one." My last big effort before I retired was a safety purge where I managed to get rid of a lot of chemicals that were no longer in the syllabus, dangerously unstable, explosive, etc - it cost a few hundred pounds to get a hazmat team in to do it, but it was the first time in 30+ years I'd persuaded the school to do it, and we had horrible stuff like beryllium and mercury compounds with totally inadequate storage.
01-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
I intentionally lost stuff at work a few times before I retired, usually in self-defense - I was chief lab technician in a school and it was sometimes difficult to write off dangerous equipment, much easier to say "sorry, it doesn't work any more because someone lost one of the parts and they last made them in the 1960s, maybe it's time to buy a new one." My last big effort before I retired was a safety purge where I managed to get rid of a lot of chemicals that were no longer in the syllabus, dangerously unstable, explosive, etc - it cost a few hundred pounds to get a hazmat team in to do it, but it was the first time in 30+ years I'd persuaded the school to do it, and we had horrible stuff like beryllium and mercury compounds with totally inadequate storage.
Marcus,perhaps you can answer a question for me.I was at Secondary School in the mid 1970s and have a memory of a physics teacher demonstrating the qualities of mercury by rolling beads of it around in an open tray (?).Some of it spilt onto the floor and he scooped it back into the tray.Was that a potentially hazardous situation?
01-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #90
Pentaxian

FWIW, I'm about to "de-acquire" myself of a low shutter count K-5, a well-used 18-135 and an original version, but little-used, 55-300 (and possibly some other Pentax-related "stuff!") because it's no longer "relevant", given what I now have and USE - it'll be on the UK forum in a day or so if anyone is interested!

Last edited by jeallen01; 01-23-2018 at 02:37 PM.