Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 619 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2023, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #931
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suspect the often hit-or-miss results from many of those 35mm film compacts helped drive the rapid adoption of digital.

Just think, today the bad ones can disappoint a whole new generation of unsuspecting film photographers...

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 02-13-2023 at 05:47 PM.
02-17-2023, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #932
Pentaxian

One manual focus Sigma super-wide 24mm f/2.8 with a gritty aperture ring off to it's new owner. I paid €47 for that lens plus a K-x DSLR and sold the lens for €42, so the K-x has cost me €5.

I never thought I'd get a working DSLR for a fiver.
03-02-2023, 12:33 AM - 1 Like   #933
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've sold my silver KP and a silver DA 35mm Macro I bought here a couple of years ago. I'm stripping back my gear to what I'll really use and I've realised I actually don't need two KP's (even though they are an amazing camera that I love using). One should be enough.
03-02-2023, 01:08 PM   #934
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sold off my AP 35mm developing tank. Hadn't used it for a few years & didn't plan on developing film at home anytime soon.

03-21-2023, 06:01 PM   #935
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
one SMC A 200mm f4....

more lenses to sell.....
03-22-2023, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #936
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I've sold my silver KP and a silver DA 35mm Macro I bought here a couple of years ago. I'm stripping back my gear to what I'll really use and I've realised I actually don't need two KP's (even though they are an amazing camera that I love using). One should be enough.
“should”
03-23-2023, 05:36 AM - 2 Likes   #937
Pentaxian

Two options for the second KP would be an IR conversion, or get the M42 adapter and dedicate the second to Takumars. But that's contrary to your strategy of keeping only what you use, so if you don't collect Taks (or CZJs) and don't plan to shoot IR then one KP is definitely enough.

03-24-2023, 04:51 PM   #938
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Two options for the second KP would be an IR conversion, or get the M42 adapter and dedicate the second to Takumars. But that's contrary to your strategy of keeping only what you use, so if you don't collect Taks (or CZJs) and don't plan to shoot IR then one KP is definitely enough.
Hi Gary, I went through a lot of different scenario's and in the end I couldn't really make a case for keeping the second one. Having said that I've got no intentions of getting rid my remaining KP - it's simply too good a camera (a Pentax classic IMO). I have considered the M42 adapter and Takumar route for my K30 if the solenoid ever fails again but so far the repair that a fellow did for me about 5 years ago has held up.
03-24-2023, 05:29 PM   #939
Pentaxian

Hi Gary, I went through a lot of different scenario's and in the end I couldn't really make a case for keeping the second one. Having said that I've got no intentions of getting rid my remaining KP - it's simply too good a camera (a Pentax classic IMO). I have considered the M42 adapter and Takumar route for my K30 if the solenoid ever fails again but so far the repair that a fellow did for me about 5 years ago has held up.
Yes Carl, I have a K-30 as my Takumar-mount digital camera. The Taks also are great on the Sony A7ii that I have for my vintage Nikkors and Konicas
03-24-2023, 05:53 PM - 2 Likes   #940
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sending my D500 and three lenses off to a new home where it will be more appreciated. The K3III is just the better camera, and IMO it's not close.
03-31-2023, 03:46 AM   #941
Pentaxian

On Wednesday I sent out a Miranda Sensomat RE along with a 35/2.8 lens and a slightly broken Pentax MV1. On Thursday my Vivitar 28-90mm flare monster. Later today I'll be posting a K-x off to a new owner.
04-27-2023, 01:26 AM   #942
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Medex-modified K-3 Mono is on it's way to a new home in the US. Eventually it will be replaced with a K-3iii Monochrome but I'll need a "contribution" from the Australian Taxation Office before that becomes a reality

I had my DA 40 Limited up for sale as well but I'm debating whether to keep it - it's very close in range to the 35 Macro and I'm struggling to see a place for it in my kit.

Last edited by carlb; 04-27-2023 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Change text
04-27-2023, 02:34 AM - 1 Like   #943
Pentaxian

My Medex-modified K-3 Mono is on it's way to a new home in the US. Eventually it will be replaced with a K-3iii Monochrome but I need some "assistance" from the Australian Taxation Office before that becomes a reality

I had my DA 40 Limited up for sale as well but I'm debating whether to keep it - it's very close in range to the 35 Macro and I'm struggling to see a place for it in my kit.
When I had the DA 40 and the 35 I justified them both due to the small size of the 40mm - I could take it as an extra in case I wanted a tiny prime. Now that I've sold off a lot of stuff I kept the 35 and sold the 40 as the 35 is better in every way except size. You might want to give it another chance but if you really never use it then there's no reason to keep it around.

For my part, I just sent off a Spotmatic as I acquired an SP II which is apparently better, just need to renew the seals.
04-27-2023, 07:11 PM   #944
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
When I had the DA 40 and the 35 I justified them both due to the small size of the 40mm - I could take it as an extra in case I wanted a tiny prime. Now that I've sold off a lot of stuff I kept the 35 and sold the 40 as the 35 is better in every way except size. You might want to give it another chance but if you really never use it then there's no reason to keep it around.

For my part, I just sent off a Spotmatic as I acquired an SP II which is apparently better, just need to renew the seals.
Thanks Jon, that's where my thinking has been heading as well. The 40 Limited is a bit of an oddity in the DA Limited lineup IMO considering how good and versatile the 35 Macro is (I think the 40's there mainly simply because they can do it as a pancake), and I'm definitely not the sort of person to hold onto gear unless I can see a use for it. So I think it will make another appearance in the classifieds soon.
04-28-2023, 05:00 AM   #945
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SMC 50mm f1.4, off to a good home....

(: