Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
We drive a 2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE (FWD).

When we were looking for a new vehicle, that and the Subaru Forester finished on our short list. The Forester handled well, had great visibility, and was well appointed but functional. However, we were reading about excessive oil consumption, so we ended up choosing the RAV4.

The RAV4 has worked well through two Ottawa winters, with Michelin winter tires. There's a bit of a step-up to enter the vehicle, but it's not high. The cargo area is relatively large (in the 2015's, the RAV4 and Forester have the largest total cargo volume of all mini-SUVs in the class, if I recall correctly). The threshold to the cargo space is relatively low, so hoisting groceries etc is not a problem.

Besides the basic performance, I like the RAV for its design, straightforward instrumentation (caters to my egineer's sense), and good exterior visibility. The seats are very comfortable, and there's lots of passenger room. We've had zero issues in 2.5 years of ownership.

We rented a 2017 RAV4 for a week in Calgary this summer. This model has several new safety features (e.g., proximity sensors and warning LEDs on side mirrors - quite useful).

- Craig

09-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks to all who posted. I always find actual user anecdotal information the most valuable tool, when it comes to making an informed decision. Thank you again.

Les
09-29-2017, 03:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know your price level but for space you might look at some of the new Volvoes I don't like cause they steer-by-wire and are otherwise too digital. Or Ford SUVs/pickups which I must admit do all the whizbangs and gizmoes very well.