Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice to see you setting your sights high.
Set your goals low, and you'll never be disappointed!

I don't have a bucket list, but I know there's a LOT of things (probably longer than any list) I want to do before I kick it.

08-24-2008, 05:48 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elcahall Quote
I'd like to try flying a plane. I don't think I could get a license (eyesight isn't good enough) but doing one of the "try it" flights would be fun.
Your vision shouldn't be an issue. When I learned to fly (1974, gee, is it that far), you needed 20/20 vision to go for a commercial/professional license. But, at around 40 0r 45, just about everybody needs glass, so that doesn't apply anymore. They also had restriction for private licenses, but those are gone, too. I have bad vision and had to go through hell to have my private license. My vision was good enough for gliders, but not for plane. Go figure. But, I had a dream, and I gave it all I had, and finally managed to get my private. My advice (for what it's worth): go for it.
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

i think flyer's right (especially with a name like his)

I'm pretty sure the 20/20 restrictions primarily apply to military aviation
08-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote

Not even. If you have to wear a "sealed helmet", then glasses won't do, but, otherwise, now a day, the sky's the limit. By the way, did I ever say that I love flying?

08-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote

Fighters, yes. Transport no. I believe that is the case for the Air Force now. Not sure about the Navy.

On the FAA side, just need corrected vision to 20/20.

Did I say I love to fly too?

Attached Images

08-25-2008, 07:30 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Great set on the list

Coming to Australia you and yours will be warmly welcomed(if in southern summer dont forget to slip slop slap)as to your white water adventure plenty of the same here as well
cheers
Thanks - I really hope to one day - it's pretty high on the Bucket List
08-25-2008, 07:42 AM   #22
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some great ideas. But one line caught my attention from Gary (the OP).
"marry the girl of my dreams" Ditto on that one and like you it was the second time around.

So mine:
1) Sail across the Atlantic solo (I've done this but not solo)
2) Scuba dive. Done some pool stuff years ago but that's just a tease.
3) Visit Italy for at least 2 weeks then France. I've been to Europe a few times but not these 2.
4) New Zealand followed by Australia. NZ just seems to have everything from the pics I've seen.
5) Be there for the marriage of my 2 sons and the birth of their children.
6) Post secondary Graduations for both.
As I think about this the list could be very long. I think I'll leave it here.

The swimming with sharks sounds cool. Having seen some big ones up close, I think I'll pass.

08-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote
Fighters, yes. Transport no. I believe that is the case for the Air Force now. Not sure about the Navy.

On the FAA side, just need corrected vision to 20/20.

Did I say I love to fly too?
Nice shot. I fly a Cessna 210, and it doesn't really like being upside down. Sailplanes are another story. Nothing compares to flying at 150 mph without a motor.
08-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There's only one item on my bucket list: Angelina Jolie
08-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Nice shot. I fly a Cessna 210, and it doesn't really like being upside down. Sailplanes are another story. Nothing compares to flying at 150 mph without a motor.

I prefer to add power if I like....lots 'o power. Do you fly the regular C210 or the pressurized P210? Haven't been in one of those in years! Fun aircraft.

We have a Blanik 2-seat glider in our hangar that's used to train young folks. Most are bound for the AF Academy. Earlier this summer we had one solo at 15 years old. He wore a grin for two straight weeks and I don't think his feet ever touched the ground during that time.
08-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have white water rafted many times and live in an area where I can do it as often a I want. Sucba diving I have done also. Things like bungee jumping and skydiving are not on my list at all. I would have to put travel on the top. There are many places I want to visit and see.
08-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote
I prefer to add power if I like....lots 'o power. Do you fly the regular C210 or the pressurized P210? Haven't been in one of those in years! Fun aircraft
It used to be a T210, but it went for a health cure last fall, and the tur bo 520 c.i. was replaced by a non turbo 550 c.i. My wife's family is living in western Canada, so we cross the country a few times a year with the plane, and this one has good range and plenty of space, which gives us the opportunity to take along another couple (lots of volunteers) and some room for my wife's wheelchair. If it wasn't for the room requirements, I'd trade for a Columbia 350. The P210 can't carry a load with full fuel, so scratch off that one.

P.S. The 325 h.p. of the 550 is not too shabby.

Last edited by flyer; 08-25-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: add a P.S.
08-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
There's only one item on my bucket list: Angelina Jolie
Well the oppsite of ftpaddict I guess - gonna have goals might as well be lofty ones ...might want to start with Jennifer Aniston first