Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-18-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
IS this the real Pentax website? Does Pentax respond to inquiries?

I'm wondering if I am maybe using the wrong website for Pentax...:
http://www.pentax.com
Is that the official Pentax website? OR maybe just someone who owns the domain name trying to look like the real Pentax website? It's a pretty basic looking site and I can't even find a link to the lenses they offer. I've also tried using the contact form twice and in neither caser have received any sort of response whatsoever...

So I am also wondering is if pentax.com is in fact the official website for Pentax, do they respond to inquiries? It seems strange to me that they would not even respond, not even an autoresponder to confirm receiving a contact form submission from their site..

There's also this site: https://us.ricoh-imaging.com which looks pretty official.. Have I made contact with some private individual at pentax.com and should contact at ricoh-imaging.com?

Last edited by vyoufinder; 10-18-2017 at 02:46 PM.
10-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
on http://www.pentax.com/jp/k-1/index.html

on the upper right click on " global "

you will go to a map and can click on the area of the world you want

click on " Americas "

chose " USA|English "

you get to

Home - Ricoh
10-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Phew, ok thanks. I was afraid I'd let my idea go to the wrong person or people.. Ok, I was actually trying to inquire about something which is not centric only to the Americas, and hence I did not move from the global site... but maybe I'll need to start there.

I must also correct my original question because I just checked my spam folder again and in fact I DID receive (but overlooked) an autoresponder... So.. Maybe I have made contact correctly and simply need ot keep a closer eye on my spam.
10-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vyoufinder Quote
I'm wondering if I am maybe using the wrong website for Pentax...:
http://www.pentax.com
Is that the official Pentax website? OR maybe just someone who owns the domain name trying to look like the real Pentax website? It's a pretty basic looking site and I can't even find a link to the lenses they offer. I've also tried using the contact form twice and in neither caser have received any sort of response whatsoever...

So I am also wondering is if pentax.com is in fact the official website for Pentax, do they respond to inquiries? It seems strange to me that they would not even respond, not even an autoresponder to confirm receiving a contact form submission from their site..

There's also this site: Home - Ricoh which looks pretty official.. Have I made contact with some private individual at pentax.com and should contact at ricoh-imaging.com?
Both pentax.com and ricoh-imaging.com are official websites, both owned by Ricoh Imaging.

10-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From my experience the only Pentax website worth using is the Japanese one.

The UK one for example in the download section only has firmware update v 1.3 for the K1. There have been three after that !
10-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
From my experience the only Pentax website worth using is the Japanese one.
This one...HOME | RICOH IMAGING

Steve
10-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Phew, ok thanks. I was afraid I'd let my idea go to the wrong person or people.. Ok, I was actually trying to inquire about something which is not centric only to the Americas, and hence I did not move from the global site.
Leave your message on their english facebook might be a good idea too. After live in Japan for a while, I know, I wouldn't even want to try to send an english message to a Japanese language site.

10-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

What are you trying to ask them?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-19-2017, 07:29 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax.com - Website Information
Ricoh.com - Website Information

Ricoh should probably consolidate the websites under one owner from a corporate domain registration perspective.
10-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This one...HOME | RICOH IMAGING

Steve
For anyone interested, this is where I was able to get a response from someone who actually read my message. Thanks stevebrot
10-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

For anyone interested, this is where I was able to get a response from someone who actually read my message. Thanks stevebrot
The state of the Ricoh/Pentax Web presence in the Americas is shameful and an embarrassment. The same is true of their response to customer inquiries and post-sales support.

I am a strong believer in the product, but it irks me (love that word "irks") that one cannot purchase even simple replacement parts such as the slide-in hot shoe protector or the PC connector cover. I am not even sure that authorized dealers can get either. <insert "irk" emoticon here>

Steve
10-24-2017, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Pentax.com - Website Information
Ricoh.com - Website Information

Ricoh should probably consolidate the websites under one owner from a corporate domain registration perspective.
Shhhhhush! I am waiting to poach one or both when they expire...

Steve