Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Rotate

Hi
Pretty new here in fact very new. I uploaded a couple of photos this morning into an album all seemed good and in fact mostly was with the exception of one of my photos rotating 90" can anyone here explain this? please.

Dave

10-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dave B Quote
Hi
Pretty new here in fact very new. I uploaded a couple of photos this morning into an album all seemed good and in fact mostly was with the exception of one of my photos rotating 90" can anyone here explain this? please.

Dave
If the photo wasn't pre-rotated in camera, you'll want to open it in a photo editor/browser, rotate it there, and save it. Then you can re-upload. Make sure it actually rotates the pixels instead of saving the rotation in the metadata, which is what some programs do.

If you have photoshop, the rotation took there would work perfectly.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Look on the threads I started. I asked the same question a while back.

Has to do with recent versions of Windows and MS inability to appreciate that some changes they make in how their stuff works cause confusions.
10-21-2017, 09:46 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If the photo wasn't pre-rotated in camera, you'll want to open it in a photo editor/browser, rotate it there, and save it. Then you can re-upload. Make sure it actually rotates the pixels instead of saving the rotation in the metadata, which is what some programs do.

If you have photoshop, the rotation took there would work perfectly.
ok thanks I'll try that.

---------- Post added 10-21-17 at 09:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Look on the threads I started. I asked the same question a while back.

Has to do with recent versions of Windows and MS inability to appreciate that some changes they make in how their stuff works cause confusions.
Ok but I'm using a MacBook ?

10-21-2017, 10:28 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The solution Adam recommended is essentially the same. I was caught out with one of those variations to software inflicted by update downloads when there was nothing wrong with the functionality before. So the same idea of having display settings and saved image characteristics separated seems to have afflicted Apple too.

I was using a MacBook but it got old and now is unable to operate for more than a few minutes without restarting. Sad, but I cannot remember which year it was new. About 2008 to 2010 period so it had a long life, even if not heavily used.