Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Amazon did not want CPL filter returned

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I purchased Amazon basics CPL filter. It was difficult to screw and unscrew the filter. That is a potential source of frustration when shooting outdoors in winter so I decided to return it. Amazon refunded the money(15$) but did not want the CPL filter back.

11-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Because shipping would cost them more than the value of the item. A lot of people scam amazon for this kind of generosity, but it can be nice

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It would cost money to process the return and would only land them with a product that cannot be resold so it will save them money letting you dispose of it instead.
11-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxfall Quote
It was difficult to screw and unscrew the filter.
I have sent for these filter wrenches and hope that they will work. they are plastic but my filters are not on very tight so I think that's all I need. 2 sets of 2 I have Uv filters on all my lenses so i need one to hold the UV and one to take off this CPL , ND etc They have metal one for more $$ but I think thats overkill.
Kood Filter Wrench Spanner Camera Lens Filter Removal Home Tool 48-58mm-62-82mmx | eBay

11-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
I have sent for these filter wrenches and hope that they will work. they are plastic but my filters are not on very tight so I think that's all I need. 2 sets of 2 I have Uv filters on all my lenses so i need one to hold the UV and one to take off this CPL , ND etc They have metal one for more $$ but I think thats overkill.
Kood Filter Wrench Spanner Camera Lens Filter Removal Home Tool 48-58mm-62-82mmx | eBay
I hesitate to put too much force on filter because in case of a slip I may end up scratching the front element of lens. Second thing is filter swapping should be swift operation because I am concerned about dust , especially on hiking trail. I ordered for Tiffen filter.
11-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxfall Quote
I hesitate to put too much force on filter because in case of a slip I may end up scratching the front element of lens. Second thing is filter swapping should be swift operation because I am concerned about dust , especially on hiking trail. I ordered for Tiffen filter.
I hope you ordered from China it might take a little longer but price difference was HUGH Here in Canada 2 wrenches for $1.40 from the Orient - Amazon Canada (from the Orient)was $26.00 for same 2 plastic wrenches???????????????