Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazon lies about their delivery services...

When they are the ones who screwed up.

I ordered several items last Friday for Christmas gifts along with sensor swabs and since I am a Prime member, I automatically get "two" day shipping.

Normally when they get the order before early afternoon on a Friday, I will see it is labeled and ready to ship by Sunday and often is on the move by then. This order was different.

As of 2200 Monday night, my packages still had not gotten into the care of UPS, but at 2247 Monday, they were finally picked up. For them to make it to me by the promised 2000 hours

Tuesday, a miracle would be needed. Watched the tracking after getting emails saying I would get it on Tuesday, (Yah, right!) But then last night I got an email from Amazon that blamed

a "delay" on UPS for unspecified reasons. The real reason was that it could not make its connections to get on the truck from my nearest hub. It had nothing to do with UPS but Amazon

screwing up.

I was not in that big of a hurry but since every Prime delivery follows the same patterns as far as shipping and the timing of where and when, I know who is at fault but there is

no way to give Amazon some well deserved customer feedback on it. My UPS driver has seen the same thing with orders he has made. FEDEX has been known to make me unhappy

but they have done better of late. We shall see what winter weather brings.

11-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
When they are the ones who screwed up.

I ordered several items last Friday for Christmas gifts along with sensor swabs and since I am a Prime member, I automatically get "two" day shipping.

Normally when they get the order before early afternoon on a Friday, I will see it is labeled and ready to ship by Sunday and often is on the move by then. This order was different.

As of 2200 Monday night, my packages still had not gotten into the care of UPS, but at 2247 Monday, they were finally picked up. For them to make it to me by the promised 2000 hours

Tuesday, a miracle would be needed. Watched the tracking after getting emails saying I would get it on Tuesday, (Yah, right!) But then last night I got an email from Amazon that blamed

a "delay" on UPS for unspecified reasons. The real reason was that it could not make its connections to get on the truck from my nearest hub. It had nothing to do with UPS but Amazon

screwing up.

I was not in that big of a hurry but since every Prime delivery follows the same patterns as far as shipping and the timing of where and when, I know who is at fault but there is

no way to give Amazon some well deserved customer feedback on it. My UPS driver has seen the same thing with orders he has made. FEDEX has been known to make me unhappy

but they have done better of late. We shall see what winter weather brings.
I've had this happen before. I've even had packages not arrive at all and I would have to get a refund for the item, and a couple of times the item arrived a few weeks after the refund. Maybe it got rerouted the long way?

On the other hand, I've had it swing the other way too, where an item that was to be delivered in a few days arrived early, and sometimes even THE SAME DAY of order.

So all in all I don't let it get to me if something is a little late, but then again I've never been in a "must receive" situation with something from Amazon.

Doesn't Amazon have a guarantee for Prime members? Surely there must be some recourse.
11-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
Doesn't Amazon have a guarantee for Prime members? Surely there must be some recourse.
Not really, the two day shipping used to be faster also. When I had a similar issue that was the fault of FedEx on a New Egg package I beat them up till I got a whole 10.00 coupon that had to use within 90 days.

I didn't really need any of my order immediately but They are certainly quick to charge my card when my Prime membership is up. And I never get my free two months for a new Kindle added even though I am

on my 4th one.
11-29-2017, 11:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I was in customer service for 20 years. I can say with certainty: With computers, stuff happens. With people involved, more stuff happens.

09-27-2021, 04:32 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I received an email that my new Domke F6 bag was delivered.
It was shipped via Amazon's delivery service, i.e. Lasership etc.
According to the message it was "handed to a resident".

Well, I never received it.
It wasn't dropped my door and it was not left in my building's cluster box area.

Amazon Customer Service asks that I wait a day as it may have been incorrectly scanned.
We'll see...

Chris
09-27-2021, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

This is normal for Amazon lately. 2 day shipping used to mean it will be delivered in 2 days. It now means "We'll box it up in 2 days. Maybe. If we get around to it."
09-28-2021, 04:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This is normal for Amazon lately. 2 day shipping used to mean it will be delivered in 2 days. It now means "We'll box it up in 2 days. Maybe. If we get around to it."
Amazon now says its “Two Day Shipping” means two business days from the time Amazon ships the package.
I have experienced delays as long as ten days before Amazon got around to shipping. Deceptive advertising at its best.

09-28-2021, 02:31 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found the package in question on my doorstep when leaving for work around 10:00 PM.
The email stating that it had been delivered reached my inbox before 3:00 PM.

Chris
09-28-2021, 05:20 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I found the package in question on my doorstep when leaving for work around 10:00 PM.
The email stating that it had been delivered reached my inbox before 3:00 PM.

Chris
That’s happened to me a a few times, but I suspect the delivery driver has been leaving them on my neighbors doorstep and he’s been bringing them over to mine the next day.
11-12-2021, 01:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I have been wondering of late why we even bother to have Amazon Prime? Amazon makes it look like on the surface that they're really doing a knock-up job when in reality it's pretty pathetic.
Recently I purchased four Goture 7 '6" catfish rods that were junk. Left a review of 2 stars on the new product , and now I can't review any more products at all ? I guess I've been muffled by the PRC review committee Amazon submits to and worships.
Looks like Amazon prefers Fake 5 star reviews to keep China going , rather than honest truth to American consumers !
Delivery isn't getting any better....Left my last package right against the garage door.....let's just say my new 50mm cheapie DA didn't survive my car tires and leave it at that.

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 11-12-2021 at 01:45 PM.
11-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One item in my recent Amazon order was some night light bulbs.
They were sent separately from the rest of the order, in a bubble mailer envelope.
I was not surprised when I opened it to find them all smashed.

I mentioned the inadequate packaging when filing for the return.
They sent the replacements in a plain unpadded Tyvek envelope.

Chris