Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 48 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2017, 03:07 PM - 2 Likes   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Loved the band but also not that into those Youtube videos.
Kai, as odd as he is at least goes out and does stuff with the gear.
He also drops his pants at the least provocation. Perhaps one of those new zip-tie belts would be in order.

Steve

12-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
He also drops his pants at the least provocation. Perhaps one of those new zip-tie belts would be in order.

Steve
I must have missed that one.
I have noticed they seem to ride pretty low but that isn't usually what I'm focused on for a camera video.

My point was that I prefer the video to show gear in use instead of a talking head saying what I could just read much more efficiently, or skip entirely. I'm even willing to tolerate some eccentric personalities (in moderation) to see that.
12-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
One will have to continue to watch the music industry to see how it continues to evolve for them.
I think very badly, Emalvick, unfortunately.

The royalties for Spotify are so meagre compared to what the old record sales delivered that most musos would be below the poverty line if they relied on them.

As for a theory that a natural cycle means that after an initial dumbing down, music, art and journalism today should be better than five, ten or more years ago, I'll leave that for others to decide!
12-08-2017, 01:47 AM - 3 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
And while I'm ranting. Why, oh why, do we have these things called "unboxing videos"?
So we know how the box operates
Heaven forbid we use the box wrong

12-08-2017, 03:11 AM - 7 Likes   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Stuart Forsyth Quote
Heaven forbid we use the box wrong
12-09-2017, 02:20 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I must have missed that one.
I have noticed they seem to ride pretty low but that isn't usually what I'm focused on for a camera video.

My point was that I prefer the video to show gear in use instead of a talking head saying what I could just read much more efficiently, or skip entirely. I'm even willing to tolerate some eccentric personalities (in moderation) to see that.
I recently saw a video of his reviewing the Olympus OM-D E-M5. Pretty good, amusing video. Made me really want the camera. I'll watch most any of his videos.