Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
no, its a much older, manual focus lens (but has the "A" setting)

it is a push-pull type zoom/focus mechanism

09-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
That pic is of an A* not an FA*. Still sweet non the less.
Errr. This lens is not as good as it is expected. Below f2.8, this lens is not usable: unsharp, purple is the new colour through viewfinder and bokeh is just ugly.

This is not due to narrow depth of field making image making difficult. This lens is really over-rated. I am soooo glad that I sold it on ebay after 1 month of using it and I made a profit out of the sale. I thank God that there are collectors out there that will never care or use the lens...
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Errr. This lens is not as good as it is expected. Below f2.8, this lens is not usable: unsharp, purple is the new colour through viewfinder and bokeh is just ugly.

This is not due to narrow depth of field making image making difficult. This lens is really over-rated. I am soooo glad that I sold it on ebay after 1 month of using it and I made a profit out of the sale. I thank God that there are collectors out there that will never care or use the lens...
Remember that I'd be using the A* on a SuperProgram or K2 and not digital.
09-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Remember that I'd be using the A* on a SuperProgram or K2 and not digital.
Apology to you. I have yet tried this lens on film. Sure it would explain why the lens is legendary before...