Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-04-2018, 10:20 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

One of the Many Reasons I Prefer The People On PentaxForums

I often recommend PentaxForums to every photographer I know. Even if they don't shoot Pentax, I know that the people on here are the friendliest on any forum I frequent. There have been a couple of times I've considered switching from Pentax to another brand and one of the things that keeps me from switching is this community. I've never had a question or issue that couldn't be solved, or at least pointed in the right direction, by the people on here. I also make it a point to purchase from PentaxForums users whenever possible. I find the sellers on here friendly and willing to help whenever issues arise. On most other places, it's just a sale. Here, it's almost a transaction amongst friends.

I recently got into wanting to shoot medium format. Immediately, I was steered in the right direction and every silly question I had was answered quickly and with an incredible wealth of knowledge that would have taken me years to acquire on my own. Some items I couldn't locate on the site, so I searched other forums and even "the bay". That led me to an exchange with one seller which I felt was pretty rude and condescending. Maybe I was wrong, but I was just expressing my opinion that the item was a little overpriced (from my research) and his response was less than Pentaxian. Just thought I'd share his response to my opinion. The guy has no clue how much money I actually spend on photo gear (please don't tell my wife), nor the equipment I actually have. Just made an assumption that I must not be able to afford it and not that he might be price gouging due to supply and demand. I thanked him and wished him luck on his sale.

Thanks again to all the people on here for being the people they are. You all truly make photography a great experience.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
01-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A simple, “Thanks for the inquiry. That is my price,” would have sufficed.
01-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
A simple, “Thanks for the inquiry. That is my price,” would have sufficed.
I completely agree. I have no idea why he felt the need to write "[I] have no problem waiting for someone with the money". The guy came off as very elitist.
01-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
One of the Many Reasons I Prefer The People On PentaxForums
I wonder if that includes any of my mundane drivel kinda posts... oh I do hope so.

01-09-2018, 11:15 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was just reading another example of why people should frequent the forums. In the 8 months I have been here I have seen much advice given in a helpful manner, I have seen people given equipment when theirs was lost for some reason, I have seen people helping to complete an equipment set up while asking for nothing in return, and I have seen good and very usable equipment given away to good homes. This place shows people can be kind while on the internet. There will always be exceptions but reading the forums here helps reduce my levels of curmudgeonliness! (I just made up a new word for you all, you can use it for free!)