Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Rock N Roll here for sure. But the old stuff. Do they make music anymore? Let me rephrase: Do they make any GOOD music anymore?
The only band I've enjoyed listening to has been Muse; other than that there hasn't been much since the early 90s I care about.

04-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #62
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
The only band I've enjoyed listening to has been Muse; other than that there hasn't been much since the early 90s I care about.
Never heard of them. I grew up in the late 60's early 70's so it was more the King, Doobies, Zep, Clapton, Joel, Hank Jr. (yes, i like old country) You know the real rockers, the pioneers of RNR what everyone wishes they could be, And lets not forget Commander Cody and his lost planet airmen. Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Golden Earring The Beach Boys.
04-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #63
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Spex Quote
Or you're listnening some other kind of music?
I'm listnenig mostly rock, and by that I mean hard rock
AC/DC is my favourite band, and then everything similar (Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Ted Nugent, UFO, and so on...) including british metal wave (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath etc.)
And there comes a bit of blues, soul, funk... actually, everything with good rhythm, but as long as people are playing and not electronic things and stuff (techno, rave)
Anyway, I would say I'm rocker
Do you rock? Or you're blues? Punk? Classic? Folk?
Oh man... throw a Scorpions in there in you have a period of my life down...

I still rock and....
In alphabetical order...
The Dictators - Ween - AC/DC - Stooges - Vibrators - Flaming Lips - Johnny Cash - White Stripes - Buzzcocks - Flipper - Television - Hank Williams - Funkadelic - Psychotic Pineapple - Judas Priest - Frank Zappa - Eddie and the Hot Rods - Leslie Gore - Good Rats - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Smokin' Rhythm Prawns - Nick Cave - Buck Owens and the Buckaroos - Mink Deville - UFO - Sex Pistols - Louvin Brothers - Velvet Underground - Sonic Youth - Ultravox - Nirvana - Public Enemy - Montrose - Partridge Family - Booker T and the Mgs - Cake - Wilco - Firehose - Eminem - Kings of Leon - Pixies - Foghat - Patsy Cline - Bowie - Primus - Ozark Mtn Daredevils - Ramones - Mink Deville - Elvis Costello and Presley - Neutral Milk Hotel - Buck Naked and the Bare Bottom Boys - Jet -Headboys - Kiss - Gun Club - Slim Harpo - Ohio Express - The Clash - The Monkees - Nine Inch Nails - Loretta Lynn - Dead Boys - Love and Rockets - George Jones - Tammy Wynette - Joy Division - Everclear - Aerosmith - Otis Redding - Metalica - The Supremes - Sweet - The Readymades - Social D - Trini Lopez - Butthole Surfers - T Rex (thank you Jeremy) - The Jam - Xtc - The English Beat - The Beat - REM - Pink - MCM and the Monster - The Records - - The Kinks - House of Wheels - Scorpions - Ohio Players - Ohio Express - Beach Boys - Rolling Stones - Daddy Cool - Rubinoos - April Wine - GOGOL BORDELLO thanks Damn Brit
04-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #64
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Never heard of them. I grew up in the late 60's early 70's so it was more the King, Doobies, Zep, Clapton, Joel, Hank Jr. (yes, i like old country) You know the real rockers, the pioneers of RNR what everyone wishes they could be, And lets not forget Commander Cody and his lost planet airmen. Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Golden Earring The Beach Boys.
How about Kenny Wayne Sheperd? I saw him doing this when he was 18. I was like damn. It was good timing after SRV died. This was in 1996.

YouTube - Kenny Wayne Shepherd - "Deja Voodoo" Live '96

YouTube - Kenny Wayne Shepherd Spoonful

YouTube - Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - Blue on Black (Live DC 4/22/07)

04-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #65
graphicgr8s

Sorry Blue never heard them either. But let's not forget ZZ Top, Heart, Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks, War, Santana, Hendricks, Meatloaf, Dino, Frank Sinatra, Warren Zevon
04-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #66
Site Supporter

I have seen George Clinton around town a few times here in Tally. That's a pretty good list. There is some overlap with my list: AC/DC, Johnny Cash - White Stripes - Hank Williams - Hank Williams Jr., Hank Williams III,- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Buck Owens and the Buckaroos - Sex Pistols - Everly Brothers - Velvet Underground - Booker T and the Mgs - Foghat - Patsy Cline - Bowie - - Ozark Mtn Daredevils - Ramones - Elvis Costello and Presley -Guns & Roses- The Clash - The Monkees - Nine Inch Nails - Loretta Lynn - George Jones - Tammy Wynette - Aerosmith - Otis Redding - Metalica - The Supremes - T Rex- REM - Pink - The Kinks - Scorpions - Rolling Stones - April Wine -

Then throw in some Animals, P-Funk, Cheap Trick, Uriah Heap, Black Oak, Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Kinks, Doors, Waylon Jennings, Buddy Holly, Savoy Brown, Chicken Shack, Tom Petty, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Tanya Tucker, Grandpa Jones, Flatt & Scruggs, Humble Pie, Janis Joplin, Joan Jett, Blondie, Lacy J. Dalton, David Alan Coe, Billy Idol, Goose Creek Symphony, Black Foot, Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR, Jerry Reid, Troggs, Linda Rondstadt, Waren Zevon, ZZ Top, Flying Burrito Brothers, The Byrds, The Yard Byrds, Wet Willie, Grinders Switch, Dixie Dreggs, Tony Joe White and it is closing in on what I listen to.

I also have some Venus Hum, Collective Soul, Spin Doctors, Dave Matthews. The old Hot Rod tunes are pretty cool also. I left out Alexander Balaneque Quartet and Inya.

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Oh man... throw a Scorpions in there in you have a period of my life down...

I still rock and....
In alphabetical order...
The Dictators - Ween - AC/DC - Stooges - Vibrators - Flaming Lips - Johnny Cash - White Stripes - Buzzcocks - Flipper - Television - Hank Williams - Funkadelic - Psychotic Pineapple - Judas Priest - Frank Zappa - Eddie and the Hot Rods - Leslie Gore - Good Rats - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Smokin' Rhythm Prawns - Nick Cave - Buck Owens and the Buckaroos - Mink Deville - UFO - Sex Pistols - Louvin Brothers - Velvet Underground - Sonic Youth - Ultravox - Nirvana - Public Enemy - Montrose - Partridge Family - Booker T and the Mgs - Cake - Wilco - Firehose - Eminem - Kings of Leon - Pixies - Foghat - Patsy Cline - Bowie - Primus - Ozark Mtn Daredevils - Ramones - Mink Deville - Elvis Costello and Presley - Neutral Milk Hotel - Buck Naked and the Bare Bottom Boys - Jet -Headboys - Kiss - Gun Club - Slim Harpo - Ohio Express - The Clash - The Monkees - Nine Inch Nails - Loretta Lynn - Dead Boys - Love and Rockets - George Jones - Tammy Wynette - Joy Division - Everclear - Aerosmith - Otis Redding - Metalica - The Supremes - Sweet - The Readymades - Social D - Trini Lopez - Butthole Surfers - T Rex (thank you Jeremy) - The Jam - Xtc - The English Beat - The Beat - REM - Pink - MCM and the Monster - The Records - - The Kinks - House of Wheels - Scorpions - Ohio Players - Ohio Express - Beach Boys - Rolling Stones - Daddy Cool - Rubinoos - April Wine - GOGOL BORDELLO thanks Damn Brit

Last edited by Blue; 04-17-2009 at 09:32 PM.
04-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #67
Site Supporter

Well hell, I left out S.C.O.T.T.S. , B-52s, SRV, Allman Brothers and Sea Level.

http://reverendo.vox.com/library/video/6a00e398d3dbe6000300e398d3e0c30004.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WbqDgTNwRA&feature=related

Last edited by Blue; 04-17-2009 at 09:23 PM.
04-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Listening to late-60s Pink Floyd on youtube right now

Best SRV cover...ever
04-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #69
Veteran Member

mostly L P and RATM....w/ lots of in-betweens thrown in the middle.
04-23-2009, 07:05 AM   #70
Inactive Account

oh yeah...I just downloaded some new Tool, Seether and some Apocalyptica.
04-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Hehe, I remember this thread...

Currently stuck with Anathema, Sopor Aeternus and remixes from ancient computer games such as Lotus Turbo Challenge and Jazz Jackrabbit. They work great for when I'm on the go.

So, no rock for me right now.
04-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Well, since the thread is bumped...listenting to this right now YouTube - Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly

A little PF action
04-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #73

I'll join the rocker club too!

A Perfect Circle, Deftones, Evanescence, Garbage, Nine Inch Nails, Stone Temple Pilots, The Raconteurs and U2. My friend turned me on to Jack White's newest side project, The Dead Weather. Looking forward to the release sometime in June!
04-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #74
Veteran Member

The only song from them I like (except for That 70s Song...that's pretty good) YouTube - Cheap Trick - Gonna Raise Hell

Product of Wisconsin right there
04-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #75
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
In answer to the original op "this one does"