Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2008, 05:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry got carried away there - haha Classic Rock would be the genre of choice... Top three bands I suppose are AC&DC, Queen, Led Zep could surive many a month with just those three .....

08-31-2008, 06:08 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll try anything, except country or opera. Amongst my favourites-

Bic Runga
David Bowie
Lou Reed
Ramones
Split Enz
The Clash
The Veils
The Velvet Underground
Tom Waits
The White Stripes
08-31-2008, 06:32 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I rock.
listen to oldies like Pink Floyd, Queen, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix, and The Who.
newer groups include Nirvana, PJ Harvey, Soundgarden, Wolfmother, Stone Temple Pilots, and White Stripes.

Yesterday bought new Judas Priest album "Nostradamus". Really good album. Who would have thought a concept album from them? Must check to see if its available on vinyl.

Also listen to jazz, classical, bluegrass, pop, blues, new age, and a small amount of country and rap( very small that last one). Probably have more money in music/audio equipment than photo stuff.
thanks
barondla

Checkout POINT & SOOT CONTEST #9 WINNERS in P&S forum. Enter #10. #10 ends tonight so hurry? Any type camera except slr. Any brand. Any subject. Enter now.
08-31-2008, 06:44 PM   #19

Love classic rock, old school country, jazz, and blues.

08-31-2008, 06:52 PM   #20
Forum Member

Metal....

Priest, Maiden, UFO, but I can listen to almost any Good,melodic rock.

Shot Zeppelin in Seattle with a Spotmatic in 1977. I was 18.
Shot Queen here in Vancouver the same year!
and Sass Jordan last friday ! (Don't hate me, that one was a D50, I lent my K10D to a friend).
Attached Images

08-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #21
Veteran Member

grunge & metal

Can't get out of the early 90's myself... according to windows media player, the most songs I've got are by Pearl Jam, followed closely by Queensryche. I prefer Pearl Jam if only because I can sing along with them in the car. Geoff Tate (Queensryche) hits notes I can't touch with a 10 foot pole, so they're not as fun to listen to. They used to put on awesome live shows, too.

Other than those two, alternative stuff I've always turned back to are bands like Toad the Wet Sprocket, Def Leppard (most everything other than Pyromania - I think all the classic rock stations way overdo "Photograph" - I hate that track because of it)

After that, it's instrumental stuff. Soundtracks (The Last Samurai is my latest acquisition, Lord of the Rings soundtracks were great but I overplayed it myself...) - and some new age/space music thrown in. (if you like that sort of thing, I highly recommend the program called "Hearts of Space" on public radio. Usually plays on Sunday nights at 11 on my local station.
08-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do we Rock?

QuoteOriginally posted by Spex Quote
I didn't really mean "what kind of music do you listen", but rather "what kind of music do you prefer"

>monochrome: why not?
C&W and traditional bluegrass is not the typical Baby Boomer playlist in the USA, but anyway - best string musicians out there. We have a restored vaudeville Fox Theater here that hosts a wide variety of artists.

In the last year I've taken my wife there to see Bob Dylan on tour with WAYLON JENNINGS (!), Dolly Parton, Lyle Lovett and Bonnie Raitt. Also went to Nashville and the Opry couple years ago (Willie Nelson was featured artist).

Also have a smaller acoustic venue where I saw Alison Krauss and Ricky Skaggs recently. It has been a great few years.

Our in home playlist has been more dictated by whatever our children are listening to (we don't do things separately from them), but they listen to a lot of our stuff and we all play some instrument, so . . .

do we rock?

08-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm into Heavy Guitar Blues, like SRV, Savoy Brown, and a bunch of Zappa for a snack.
08-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I like great guitarists, and mainly hard rock, also LOVE good guitar based blues. Fav bands include Deep Purple Mk II ( Ian Gillan on vocals, and Roger Glover on bass ) If i was stranded on a deserted island, all I would need is a copy of Made In Japan by Deep Purple, and I would be set as far as music goes, best live rock album ever !!, Humble Pie, Robin Trower, Cream, SRV, Buddy Guy, Albert Collins, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, Sweaty Teddy Nugent ( what a showman back in the day !! ) Montrose, Foghat, of course Jimi Hendrix, newer artists I like include Joe Satriani, an awesome guitarist, maybe the best rock guitarist on earth, Steve Vai, Ingwee Mallmsteen..........I am sure I will think of more later, lol
08-31-2008, 08:42 PM   #25
Igilligan

Oh i rock

I once sang in a band that was called TED Zeppelin Ted Nugent and Led Zeppelin covers...

Here is a link to two of my bands myspace pages... check out the videos... Oh yeah I rock'''

MySpace.com - Lawn Vultures - SAN FRANCISCO, California - Country / Punk / Rock - www.myspace.com/lawnvultures

MySpace.com - Jackson Saints - san francisco, California - Rock - www.myspace.com/jacksonsaints

I cut my teeth on Montrose Foghat UFO Scorpions
Here are a few...
alphabetical order... The Dictators - Ween - AC/DC - Stooges - Vibrators - Flaming Lips - Johnny Cash - White Stripes - Buzzcocks - Flipper - Television - Hank Williams - Funkadelic - Psychotic Pineapple - Judas Priest - Frank Zappa - Eddie and the Hot Rods - Leslie Gore - Good Rats - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Smokin' Rhythm Prawns - Nick Cave - Buck Owens and the Buckaroos - Mink Deville - UFO - Sex Pistols - Louvin Brothers - Velvet Underground - Sonic Youth - Ultravox - Nirvana - Public Enemy - Montrose - Partridge Family - Booker T and the Mgs - Cake - Wilco - Firehose - Eminem - Kings of Leon - Pixies - Foghat - Patsy Cline - Bowie - Primus - Ozark Mtn Daredevils - Ramones - Mink Deville - Elvis... Costello and Presley - Neutral Milk Hotel - Buck Naked and the Bare Bottom Boys - Jet -Headboys - Kiss - Gun Club - Slim Harpo - Ohio Express - The Clash - The Monkees - Nine Inch Nails - Loretta Lynn - Dead Boys - Love and Rockets - George Jones - Tammy Wynette - Joy Division - Everclear - Aerosmith - Otis Redding - Metalica - The Supremes - Sweet - The Readymades - Social D - Trini Lopez - Butthole Surfers - T Rex ( - The Jam - Xtc - The English Beat - The Beat - REM - Pink - MCM and the Monster - The Records - Madonna Summer - The Kinks - House of Wheels - Scorpions - Ohio Players - Ohio Express - Beach Boys - Rolling Stones - Daddy Cool - Rubinoos- Did I mention the beatles zep queen - Foghat- April Wine - Squeeze - Split enz - Jimi -Janis

Actually I dont really care that much for music...

Last edited by Igilligan; 08-31-2008 at 08:51 PM.
08-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I rock the hell out, all the time.

Mostly classic rock from the 60s and 70s, but I get down to hair metal here n there, and 90s rock is when I first started listening to music (STP, Hootie, Bush etc).

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
I rock.
listen to oldies like Pink Floyd, Queen, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix, and The Who.
newer groups include Nirvana, PJ Harvey, Soundgarden, Wolfmother, Stone Temple Pilots, and White Stripes.
3 of my top classic bands...Hendrix, Floyd, and Zep in order.

And STP is one of the best 90s bands by far.

More modern...I love Audioslave, Incubus, 3 Days Grace, and Breaking Benjamin.
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
Def Leppard (most everything other than Pyromania - I think all the classic rock stations way overdo "Photograph" - I hate that track because of it.
Guess what record (yes, 33 1/3 rpm) I got a couple days ago? It came with The Wall, a couple Zeps and The Kids are Alright...for a veryyyyyyyyy cheap price.
09-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
hardcore psytrance really gets me going.
Who would have guessed?
09-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #28

Pure corn, straight from the farm:
Traditional American and Celtic folk music....every near death experience is followed by a miraculous recovery....a certain immortality!
09-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Rock - oh year we rock!

Really anything, but for many years now, I've been into heavy melodic metal/rock such as Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, In Flames, etc.

From the lighter side - AC/DC, WASP, Judas Priest...

From "modern", some are Samel, Green Carnation, Front Line Assembly...

Willing to listen anything at least once

Regards,
D
09-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I'll try anything, except country or opera. Amongst my favourites-

Bic Runga
David Bowie
Lou Reed
Ramones
Split Enz
The Clash
The Veils
The Velvet Underground
Tom Waits
The White Stripes
TO THE NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT:

Arpe has personally confided in me and in several others of his love for not only the abovementioned musicians, but also for Dave Dobbyn and The Herbs, especially that magnum opus, "Slice of Heaven", the words of which he has assured me he has memorised all the words.

In light of the the evidence I have provided, there should be no need to exile Arpe to Australia.