Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
02-20-2018, 07:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
dcshooter?

Just curious if anyone knows anything about what happened to dcshooter, he repaired my camera last year, with excellent results, but it appears he's now banned from Pentax Forums?

02-20-2018, 10:09 AM - 7 Likes   #2
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
Just curious if anyone knows anything about what happened to dcshooter, he repaired my camera last year, with excellent results, but it appears he's now banned from Pentax Forums?

No idea what is happening in his life personally. Don't know him other than seeing his activity here. All of us at Pentax Forums wish him the best.

His membership status isn't a topic for public discussion, due to forum policy.

I might suggest if it is your desire to communicate with him, and you have contact informationfor him from having your camera repaired, i.e. e-mail, or phone, you can always contact him that way if you need whatever services he may offer, or if your relationship is such, call him up to see how he is doing, like any friend would.
02-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #3
Forum Member

I don't know what happened to dcshooter, but I've used his service twice and both times was very happy with outcome
02-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Banned from the forum? If true, I would like to know why. He has performed CLA's on three of my old K series lens and I could not be happier with his work and his excellent service. I would not have found him if not for this forum.

02-20-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Decisions to ban a member are never taken lightly. As Racer pointed out, actions pertaining to particular members will not be discussed.
02-21-2018, 01:53 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Banned?

What a pity..
He modded those really nice looking chromed lenses.
02-21-2018, 03:26 AM - 3 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm not a moderator, but I do remember him getting pretty personal in attacks on a couple of threads. The Forum has to remain a friendly place, even when we have disagreements...

02-21-2018, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

I bought a lens from him a few years ago and it was a very pleasant experience. also in a totally random "small world" moment, I found out that he was a law school classmate of my co-worker and even came from the same hometown as her. Oh well, if he broke the forum rules, he has to face the consequences.
02-21-2018, 11:29 PM - 1 Like   #9

Why were all of his posts deleted? I found a great deal of information in his posts and have even fixed one of lenses myself. I wanted to link my friend to 35mm limited TEARDOWN/DISASSEMBLY by dcshooter. But all his post links are invalid. That's kind of sad, feels like a lot of valuable information was lost. I agree personal attacks have no place on this forum.
02-21-2018, 11:33 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmic Debris Quote
Why were all of his posts deleted? I found a great deal of information in his posts and have even fixed one of lenses myself. I wanted to link my friend to 35mm limited TEARDOWN/DISASSEMBLY by dcshooter. But all his post links are invalid. That's kind of sad, feels like a lot of valuable information was lost. I agree personal attacks have no place on this forum.
When members lose their membership their posts can become inaccessible on the forum. You're most welcome to contact him off forum and ask for the information.
02-22-2018, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
When members lose their membership their posts can become inaccessible on the forum. You're most welcome to contact him off forum and ask for the information.
Does that mean all of his posts are permanently gone?

i would contact him if i wanted a lens repaired. not for 400+ posts of information. He gave lots of tips on obscure details on lens repair over more than a year. I doubt he has a personal archive of those posts.

Thanks for the reply. That's all from me, I don't want belabor the issue. what's done is done. He's banned, no reason to discuss further.
05-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So sad to come upon this thread. dcshooter cleaned a number of my lenses and modified a Canon FL 55mm 1.2 for PK. I met him since he was local and I will miss his insights.
05-09-2018, 01:48 PM - 4 Likes   #13
Veteran Member

IMHO, if there are bans imposed in a forum populated by mostly older adult users, like PF seems to be, those bans should be time-limited, not permanent.

A couple of intemperate posts, I believe, shouldn't wipe out a history of useful contribution.
05-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #14
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
IMHO, if there are bans imposed in a forum populated by mostly older adult users, like PF seems to be, those bans should be time-limited, not permanent.

A couple of intemperate posts, I believe, shouldn't wipe out a history of useful contribution.
Whilst it's not appropriate for us to discuss actions regarding individual members, I can say that it's extremely rare for anyone other than spammers to be permanently banned. It's not a decision taken lightly or quickly, there must be very good basis for the decision (which may include reasons other than posting content), and it involves the entire moderating team as well as Adam.
05-09-2018, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Whilst it's not appropriate for us to discuss actions regarding individual members, I can say that it's extremely rare for anyone other than spammers to be permanently banned. It's not a decision taken lightly or quickly, there must be very good basis for the decision (which may include reasons other than posting content), and it involves the entire moderating team as well as Adam.
I'll add that, other than for spammers, who are shown the door as soon as they are found, the decision to permanently ban a member only occurs when all other attempts to resolve a serious issue with a member has been exhausted and, as Mike has pointed out, only after consultation with staff and the entire moderating team.

It's disappointing when we lose any member. It would not be ethical for us to discuss the circumstances with regard to this particular member's membership ending so I feel we need to end this discussion.

threadclosed
Closed Thread