Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 219 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2018, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'd really be sorry to see you go, Paul.
This sums it up for us here. We don't want to lose a great member & contributor, so hopefully, you will return.

02-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So sad....

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-21-2018 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Inappropriate
02-21-2018, 03:04 PM - 3 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Not that I think it matters. I can稚 take the snark, criticism, misinformation, negative opinion, whinging and general self-centered garbage posting anymore. Enjoy your virtue signaling and Brand bashing.

I値l post Feedback on any purchases in the pipeline and read about the new gear on Imaging Resource.

When the flaming stops someone please PM. I値l get an email.
Gosh, I hope you'll reconsider. If you see too much negativity, please report it and we'll see what we can do to extinguish the flames.

I see quite a few people suggest adding people to your ignore list. While that will, undoubtedly, work, it's not something I do. I do struggle to understand why there are some people on a Pentax Forum that don't seem to have anything good to say about the Pentax brand. Sure, I get that some might have poor experiences with some products - that's understandable. But I don't understand the constant doom and gloom and negative views from some.
02-21-2018, 03:15 PM - 3 Likes   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You can't leave! We need your level headed discussions here. Please reconsider, Paul.

02-21-2018, 03:24 PM - 7 Likes   #20
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is totally understandable to feel disgruntled over negativity this (and other forums) have had people posting on. Members do come and go, but the long standing membership will always compare the forum to when it all began and discussions were indeed quite uplifting. Unfortunately, the environment is only as good as its inhabitants, and the moderation team can do all it can to keep discussions civil and positive, but even then it is up to each individual to contribute amicably. I hope you do return, Paul, and I also hope this becomes a reminder to all that what we post does matter to others.
02-21-2018, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #21
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
it is up to each individual to contribute amicably. I hope you do return, Paul, and I also hope this becomes a reminder to all that what we post does matter to others.
Well said, Ash. Well said!
02-21-2018, 03:27 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not that I think it matters. I can’t take the snark, criticism, misinformation, negative opinion, whinging and general self-centered garbage posting anymore. Enjoy your virtue signaling and Brand bashing.

I’ll post Feedback on any purchases in the pipeline and read about the new gear on Imaging Resource.

When the flaming stops someone please PM. I’ll get an email.
I may be kind of new around here but not to life. Sounds like burn out to me. The only thing I know to do is take a vacation. Good luck to you what ever you do.

02-21-2018, 03:29 PM - 2 Likes   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Paul, thanks for you contributions to this forum. I'll really miss your take on things. I am not active in the topics where all the negativity is on full display. But I do read them and value the fellow members that give a voice to those that have a more sane approach to it all. It may seem like you are drowning in a sea of discontent but there are probably more people like me in the background that are likeminded but less inclined to intervene.
02-21-2018, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
It may seem like you are drowning in a sea of discontent but there are probably more people like me in the background that are likeminded but less inclined to intervene.
Ditto. I pretty much stay out of the fray and keep to the photo-posting and discussion there. I appreciate your work here but fully understand if you need a break. Best of luck!
02-21-2018, 03:47 PM - 3 Likes   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not that I think it matters. I can’t take the snark, criticism, misinformation, negative opinion, whinging and general self-centered garbage posting anymore. Enjoy your virtue signaling and Brand bashing.

I’ll post Feedback on any purchases in the pipeline and read about the new gear on Imaging Resource.

When the flaming stops someone please PM. I’ll get an email.
I pretty much keep to the photo posting and general trouble shooting as many has mentioned too.
There are a lot of self-proclaimed expert in another place as well. Here are my 2 cents, don't use this forum in a way it can / will upset you. I don't engage much or don't engage at all in opinion based posts. It feels good to see people like my photo, ask me shooting related questions, ask me for a meet up when they come here, etc. That is how I use this forum including social media in general.

Last edited by pakinjapan; 02-21-2018 at 04:02 PM.
02-21-2018, 05:19 PM - 5 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To Monochrome

I always look forward to reading your posts on the handful of subforums I participate in.
If everyone were as rational, reasonable and knowledgeable as you this forum would be a far more pleasant place.

Like every forum PF has its share of sociopaths. I'd hate to see you leave.
I hope you can figure out a way to continue participating while somehow limiting your exposure to the knuckleheads.

Chris
02-21-2018, 05:58 PM - 2 Likes   #27
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
It is totally understandable to feel disgruntled over negativity this (and other forums) have had people posting on. Members do come and go, but the long standing membership will always compare the forum to when it all began and discussions were indeed quite uplifting. Unfortunately, the environment is only as good as its inhabitants, and the moderation team can do all it can to keep discussions civil and positive, but even then it is up to each individual to contribute amicably. I hope you do return, Paul, and I also hope this becomes a reminder to all that what we post does matter to others.
How very true! It's very easy to post negativity behind a keyboard, while these same individuals probably wouldn't do the same, face to face. The Moderating Team also needs the assistance of the members here. They cannot possibly read every post, so when we see something that we feel is inappropriate, contact the team, and let them handle it. This will help the Moderators, and in the long run, help the members that wish to enjoy this great forum without posts that are inappropriate!
02-21-2018, 05:59 PM - 5 Likes   #28
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Not that I think it matters. I can稚 take the snark, criticism, misinformation, negative opinion, whinging and general self-centered garbage posting anymore. Enjoy your virtue signaling and Brand bashing.

I値l post Feedback on any purchases in the pipeline and read about the new gear on Imaging Resource.

dammit, man, you can't leave now....

I've bought lenses based on your commentary....

I can't be left alone with my LBA....
02-21-2018, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #29
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
The Moderating Team also needs the assistance of the members here. They cannot possibly read every post, so when we see something that we feel is inappropriate, contact the team, and let them handle it. This will help the Moderators, and in the long run, help the members that wish to enjoy this great forum without posts that are inappropriate!
You, Carol, are a dream to work with Thanks for the helpful comment
02-21-2018, 06:59 PM   #30
Pentaxian

I stay centered by selective participation. If the thread has more than three pages to it, unless it's a photo sharing thread, avoid it.

Also I might add that I select what I peruse by thread title. Certain topics don't interest me.
Closed Thread