Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2018, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I知 done with PentaxForums

Not that I think it matters. I can’t take the snark, criticism, misinformation, negative opinion, whinging and general self-centered garbage posting anymore. Enjoy your virtue signaling and Brand bashing.

I’ll post Feedback on any purchases in the pipeline and read about the new gear on Imaging Resource.

When the flaming stops someone please PM. I’ll get an email.

02-21-2018, 09:45 AM - 5 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Not that I think it matters. I can稚 take the snark, criticism, misinformation, negative opinion, whinging and general self-centered garbage posting anymore. Enjoy your virtue signaling and Brand bashing.

I値l post Feedback on any purchases in the pipeline and read about the new gear on Imaging Resource.

When the flaming stops someone please PM. I値l get an email.
We all have our days.... when it gets to be too much it's best to step away.
02-21-2018, 10:26 AM - 7 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Obviously you didn't boriscleto™ enough people...
02-21-2018, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Farewell.....

02-21-2018, 10:32 AM - 5 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I do hope you reconsider because the forums do need positive, level-headed posters such as yourself.

(And if I'm amongst those contributing to your decision to leave, then I apologize.)
02-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Obviously you didn't boriscleto™ enough people...
And we all know, not borscletoing enough people can ruin your day. I currently have 23 on my ignore list, but, it's not enough.

Every now and then I peek at a post to see if anything has changed. No one once on the list has ever made it off.

Last edited by normhead; 02-21-2018 at 10:39 AM.
02-21-2018, 11:42 AM - 3 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

Knowing the internet, every other place he finds will have the same or worse issues. If you have questions about using a Pentax camera PF is the best place.

(DPR has their own challenges with negativity and brand tribalism. Someone called rice has a Pentax blog; avoid it. Some smaller camera forums are okay but Pentax has too small of a marketshare to be discussed. Maybe there are good Japanese forums but most of us don't know their language.)

02-21-2018, 11:59 AM - 4 Likes   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Being a Moderator on another forum; I've found this site to be above average for the non-abrasive posts! Most members are most helpful and respectful. Of course, if it's upsetting someone just being here, then that can't be helped. Hoping you find a site that's more suitable to you.
02-21-2018, 12:04 PM - 3 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Being a Moderator on another forum; I've found this site to be above average for the non-abrasive posts! Most members are most helpful and respectful. Of course, if it's upsetting someone just being here, then that can't be helped. Hoping you find a site that's more suitable to you.
I have to agree with Carol on this one, when you compare the occasional increased levels of snarkiness here versus what you see people posting, well, pretty much everywhere else on the internet, this place is like hanging out with the Dalai Lama and Ghandi in comparison. Boriscleto-ing them is the way to go!
02-21-2018, 12:13 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
I do hope you reconsider because the forums do need positive, level-headed posters such as yourself.

(And if I'm amongst those contributing to your decision to leave, then I apologize.)
x2, same for me.
02-21-2018, 12:57 PM - 2 Likes   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Not that I think it matters. I can稚 take the snark, criticism, misinformation, negative opinion, whinging and general self-centered garbage posting anymore. Enjoy your virtue signaling and Brand bashing.

I値l post Feedback on any purchases in the pipeline and read about the new gear on Imaging Resource.

When the flaming stops someone please PM. I値l get an email.
Mr. Moderator sir, in a nutshell; Please stay. We do not want you to go.

Thnx,

Tony
02-21-2018, 12:59 PM - 7 Likes   #12
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

@monochrome - I too hope you'll reconsider.

The negativity and confrontation has been getting to me too over the last year, and especially the last few weeks... But I think the positive aspects generally outweigh the negative, and that (as well as my responsibilities on the site, of course) keeps me coming back.

I greatly value your contribution here, and I'm sure many others would say the same thing. This place would be the poorer without you.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-21-2018 at 01:08 PM.
02-21-2018, 01:06 PM - 4 Likes   #13
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm in the dark here

Have no idea what has happened

I will miss your contributions

Thank you for them

And I hope to see more of them in the future

I wish you all the best but hope you will return at some time

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-21-2018 at 01:45 PM.
02-21-2018, 01:16 PM - 2 Likes   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd really be sorry to see you go, Paul. I've appreciated your perspective in the past. At the same time, it does wear on you that no matter what news comes out, it can always be spun negatively by those who wish to do so.

Probably the best thing is to use cameras for their intended purpose (taking photos) and spend more time in the photo threads and less in new and rumors. I know I spend too much time there (although I try not to be too inflammatory in my posts).

Good luck and see you back when you decide to come back (you know you can't stay away forever)...
02-21-2018, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

I would be sad to see you go Monochrome and hope you change your mind. I've always appreciated your take on issues and photography and would miss your contributions to the Pentax forum..a lot.

Yeah there is lot's of garbage on all forms of social media these days and it does get frustrating to sort the wheat from the chaff as we say out here on the Canadian prairies. What I do sometimes is get away from the crapola...wherever it maybe... for a few days, then I return. It doesn't change anything, but I feel better.

The unfortunate thing is that there will always be the negativity of probably around 5 % of any particular population. Forums, countries, cities, etc. They're not going to change, so for the most part I ignore them.

However, I do feel we need well thought out and considered opinion and contributions like yours. I hope you reconsider.
Closed Thread