Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Well are you Chroming?
Yes. 1422.58%
No. 1829.03%
Maybe later. 2438.71%
I don't give a CLICKER! 69.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2008, 06:42 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
I tried Chrome and as soon as I saw ads on sites I went back to FireFox.
Two things I dislike about firefox are full screen mode and slow flash sites. In both cases IE is better. Try www.warcraft2.com.
Use Privoxy
http://www.privoxy.org/

09-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raz-0 Quote
I had to test it for compatibility with teh web apps I have written and/or run at work. I also gave it some tire kicking to see if I like it. The EULA is pretty much a killer as far as I'm concerned though.

<snip>
-Don't like the terms of service, which claim that ANYTHING you transmit through the thing google has a right to use without limitations. This is important to pretty much everyone, especially anyone who likes to think you have a say in how your photographs are used. I'll note that picasa is a google property, and they do not claim ownership of your works simply for using that software. Their license needs to be edited for sanity.
<more snip>
Your actual reading of the EULA is impressive. Your post scared me so I looked into it and apparently they got enough flak from this (they claim) mistake that they've already changed those terms.
09-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Compelled by the various vendors that supply us applications to use IE ....i have netscape / Firefox as well - however honestly 98% IE use.
I have always refused to use IE unless absolutely forced to do so. MicroSux lost me when gates thought the internet was a fad in 1995. A couple years later he had acquired a browser from another party and it took them 5 or 6 years to catch up to NetScape. MicroSux got started in the business via piracy so turn about is far play.
09-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Ok, I just played with it on my parallels virtual xp machine, and it's ok, but I realized that the reason I love firefox is that with all the plugins i've installed, it's really customized to me. Without tabmix, greasemonkey, webdeveloper, exif viewer, etc. even firefox doesn't really do what I want, but luckily ff has all those plugins, and they make me happy.

The number one thing I missed was "search for text when I start typing" which is a key feature of ff for me. Basically, I am stuck in a rut with ff, and I like it fine.