Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 227 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Former journalist, newspaper photographer, magazine editor, now a college English and Humanities professor.

04-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #77
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I am a █████ ███ working on a new ██████ project a the █████████. I can't elaborate on it much because I always get my work redacted.

I bet you work in the Big Shed.
04-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #78
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
English; tough! though through thorough thought, we get there in the end

Yayuh.

Whut he said.
04-08-2018, 12:09 AM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

My job title covers database programming and data analysis. I work for a city government agency.

My most vital contribution: pointing out inconsistent decisions from the higher-ups, so people more timid than I am can be more productive. My unofficial job title is "[censored, but it's a cruder term for rectum] for the greater good".

Last edited by DeadJohn; 04-08-2018 at 09:27 AM.
04-08-2018, 01:51 AM - 3 Likes   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My job is to push people to do things they are scared of, trying not to die hanging at a rope, or being permanently hurt.
My job title is : sports climbing trainer.

funny thing i do it in the middle a a huge city with no cliff close
04-09-2018, 04:56 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Not all of us. I'm widowed and I'm not looking for another either. LOL.
Good for you! My comment was tongue-in-cheek in reference to there not being a "single woman"...
04-09-2018, 07:03 AM   #82
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Pretty sure most women here are either married or engaged
Really? How would you know that? Actually, I'm neither!

Last edited by csa; 04-09-2018 at 07:11 AM.
04-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #83
Pentaxian

I'm a IHSS worker & also work at a gym (both part time)
04-10-2018, 02:45 PM - 2 Likes   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
What do you guys do to make ends meet?
Prep school teacher by day, teaching English and history and games (sport). I come here to clear the funk out of my brain and to see that there is another world out there. It might be my own form of meditation. I have various images plastered around the classroom, and every so often someone will ask:
Did you take that photograph, Sir?
No, I will say, That was by a famous Frenchman called Henri.
What are those two men looking at through the screen, Sir? And that other one - with the stairs and the bicycle?
Ah, that's a good question boy. Let's talk a little about photographs.

And then the lesson begins... Children are so wonderfully curious and look more closely and more attentively at images than we do as we get older.
04-13-2018, 08:20 PM - 3 Likes   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am a retired math teacher and subsequently a retired math tutor. I am the guy many of you dreaded in school – those of you who didn't are most likely the folks who responded that they are engineers and IT guys.

Currently I wear multiple hats that include being an at-home Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune winner as well as a boat pilot and motorhome chauffeur. Also I have a hobby of trying to wheedle money from my wife for camera stuff (it doesn't matter what; it's just fun to get stuff).
04-28-2018, 06:32 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

`What do/did I do?

I am a retired professor of Marketing and International Business and international business consultant with 46 years of teaching and consulting in the U.S., Africa, and Asia. My home is now in north eastern Ohio about 30 miles SSW of Cleveland in the country near Medina, Ohio.

I am now very much into photography, but I am a better collector and Pentax fan than a photographer. I am a prime lens enthusiast, and interested in collecting medium format lenses of various brands to try out on my 645N, 645D, and 645Z.

My wife and I are also avid flower gardeners, and this gives me the subjects for my photography.
04-28-2018, 06:52 AM - 2 Likes   #87
Pentaxian

I work at a beach. I know what you're thinking and no I'm not a lifeguard. I'm just a staff worker who picks up trash and helps with stuff.
06-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you ask my kids, they says my job is sitting at a computer pushing buttons all day...
I'm a Plumbing Engineer..formerly Master plumber. Went from installing pipes to drawing pipes. One is hard the back, the other is hard on the butt!
Some's got tell remind building owners that turds go downhill!
06-24-2018, 09:45 PM - 1 Like   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Researcher at Stockholm University in the fields of air pollution and climate change. Associate professor would be the English title.
06-25-2018, 12:17 AM - 5 Likes   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am an involuntarily grounded former TV news photojournalist. Wonderful, rewarding career in which I was just hitting my stride. An apparently genetic "tic" caused my lumbar spinal discs to deteriorate beginning at age 34. Genetic because it was the exact same problem that caused my dad to have to give up his beloved police work at the age of 40.

So here I am, coming up on my 15th year of disability, dependent on various pharmaceuticals, including the "evil" opioid molecule. Opiates provide the only means I have of being a participant in my own life, as a husband, father, son and homeowner, etc. Unfortunately, I have had to withdraw more and more from participating in that life, because of the epidemic of folks killing themselves, attempting to get "high" on those same opiates, the ones which allow me to have a life.

***END RANT***

So, reenter still photography. That was my original focus when entering college, but was soon derailed after discovering the university TV station. Stumbled into an internship with the NBC affiliate in Denver. Found I had a real knack for it, and had actual job offers prior to graduation.
After having to quit after only 10 years in TV, digital photography had come on the scene. I'd learned on a K1000 in high school, so naturally I checked to see if Pentax was still around. Lo and behold, they had just released the K-7! Didn't even consider the more "popular" brands. Stumbled upon this wonderful site, with it's equally wonderful members, and never looked back!

Probably a LOT more than you wanted to know. But thanks for listening.