Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OMG! This young man is superhuman!

I'm not exactly a die-hard baseball fan, but I can appreciate any display of athleticism. I came across this Youtube video of a young catcher named Willson Contreras who plays for the Chicago Cubs. Some of the throws he makes in this clip are astounding! Simply amazing!

04-18-2018, 03:39 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And that is why baseball is so much more exciting than cricket.
04-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
as the old Radio Guy would say - here is the rest of the story

Born: 5/13/1992 in Puerto Cabello, Venezuela
Debut: 6/17/2016

Willson Contreras Stats, Fantasy & News | MLB.com

the Cubs has a pitcher - John Lester - who cannot keep runners close to the base, he cannot throw to the base

in fact if he has to he throws a " bounce pass " and bounces the ball short of his target so the fielder can catch on the bounce

Jon Lester and Ryan Braun's duel on the basepaths ended with a nice bounce pass | MLB.com

The Cubs try to counter by having Contreras behind the base runner as the base runner takes a big lead
04-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Not bad, but as a Cardinals fan, for over 60 of my 71 years, it makes me anti Cubs for the same amount of years.
Our Yadier Molina has 8 gold gloves, so let's take a look at a clip of him in action. Note, he picks guys off first pretty often too.

04-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Yadi

is a magician ???

yadi molina ball stuck to chest protector - Bing video
04-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Not bad, but as a Cardinals fan, for over 60 of my 71 years, it makes me anti Cubs for the same amount of years.
Our Yadier Molina has 8 gold gloves, so let's take a look at a clip of him in action. Note, he picks guys off first pretty often too.

Yadier Molina Defensive Highlights - YouTube
And third

Catchers Rule

The Cardinals have a history of developing great catchers - great athleticism and handling pitchers, but more importantly, great team leaders. Here are my favorites, as they come to mind.

Ted Simmons
Tim McCarver
Walker Cooper (only by reading, of course)
Yadier Molina
Tom Pagnozzi

Contreras will succeed Molina as the premier catcher in MLB - next year or the year after. He’s that good.

On our first date with mrs monochrome, when I turned on the car radio (coincidentally still tuned to KMOX from drive-time) Mike Shannon was doing his half bombed schtick and she exclaimed, “Oh! The gsme’s on!” We sat in the car for 15 minutes waiting for the inning to end before we went in to the party. She wears a Mike Matheny authentic jersey - from his playing days - to ballgames. I got her to agree to our SECOND date only because I had wangled two corporate tickets out of my boss in the Field Boxes behind the Cardinals dugout. Smart boy. I learned that she had been a Tim McCarver fan for manny years.
04-19-2018, 02:21 AM   #7
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Some of the throws he makes in this clip are astounding!
WOW !!!