Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

THIS is what I"m listening to today

This is the best rendition of this oldie I've ever heard. R.I.P. Bobby Womack!

05-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Lovely rendition. Here's one of my favourites from the '60's. Sunny, by Bobby Hebb.

http://https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=r...af9fxI7AwTRc0m
05-19-2018, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've not heard this version of California Dreamin' - injecting a bit funk into the tune, never a bad thing.

During my undergrad and grad school days, I worked on the side in a number of improvisational rock and fusion bands; I never thought of using this tune, but I should have. My musical working days were over decades ago, but I do jam once a week with another geezer - we'll put this chart on our list.

Jer
05-19-2018, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Isn’t there a thread for this type of post already?Here:-

What music are you currently listening to? - Page 237 - PentaxForums.com

05-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I've not heard this version of California Dreamin' - injecting a bit funk into the tune, never a bad thing.

During my undergrad and grad school days, I worked on the side in a number of improvisational rock and fusion bands; I never thought of using this tune, but I should have. My musical working days were over decades ago, but I do jam once a week with another geezer - we'll put this chart on our list.

Jer

Jer, if your group ever produces their version of it, I'd love to hear it.... if possible. There's something about Bobby Womack's rendition that really reaches into my frustrated musician's soul. Thanks for your reply.

While we're on the subject of music, have you ever heard this version of "I've got it bad and that ain't good," by Johnny Hodges? If not, take a listen. I've always been a saxophone fan and this song is one of my favorites.
05-20-2018, 07:17 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Jer, if your group ever produces their version of it, I'd love to hear it.... if possible. There's something about Bobby Womack's rendition that really reaches into my frustrated musician's soul. Thanks for your reply.

While we're on the subject of music, have you ever heard this version of "I've got it bad and that ain't good," by Johnny Hodges? If not, take a listen. I've always been a saxophone fan and this song is one of my favorites.
Hey, my friend, I'm glad to hear you're a sax fan, since during my working life as a musician, I played tenor, alto and a little - very little - flute. I put the horns away decades ago, and now I amuse myself with keyboards.

Thanks for the link to Hodges' version of "I've Got it Bad . . .", since I had not heard it. Hodges is an icon, since he played with Ellington for so many years.

Jer