Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #16
Red

$3000, wow. Wonder how much the ~24 mp D3X will cost.

09-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #17
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If Samsung will make 26 MP sensor
I won't be happy.
09-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
If Samsung will make 26 MP sensor
I won't be happy.
Given the pixel density of K20D's sensor and the noise level up to 6400 ISO, it's likely that such a sensor would outperform Sony's noisewise.

But IMO, the pixel race should be over, most sensors are on the limits or even outperform most professional grade lenses at the resolution level. The philosophy of Nikon, getting on some "ISO/noise race" seems to me intelligent (as a tradeof between marketing and real needs of photographers)

Guillaume
who will stick to APSC for his next 2-3 bodies. (no need for FF yet)

Last edited by ghelary; 09-09-2008 at 08:47 AM.
09-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #19
Veteran Member

It just dawned on me..

NO LIVE VIEW!

The D700 and the 5D's successor will have Live View.

Shame on Sony for not playing the consumer-oriented marketing game.

09-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Shame on Sony for not playing the consumer-oriented marketing game.
LOL. They'll have to buy a Sony HD camera for video! Oh nooooo. They're all going to migrate to Nikon

Actually, I do wonder if that's why Nikon did it as well (Sony and Canon both have HD camcorders). They don't have to worry about eating up HD videocam sales...not that it matters because early reports I've seen on the D90's video support seem to indicate it's frustrating to use
09-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
LOL. They'll have to buy a Sony HD camera for video! Oh nooooo. They're all going to migrate to Nikon

No no... no LIVE VIEW AT ALL IN SONY. How is this even possible!!?!?!?!!QUESTIONMARKQUESTIONMARK?
09-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Sony goes FF, can Pentax be far behind?

Pentax is not behind, Pentax is about to create the worlds first MSW-H Sensor (mega super world - hybrid)

this sensor is so large, that, much like voltron, when you press the shutter release, all of the worlds pentax lenses activate through a secret ancient mechanism and process whatever they see directly into your camera giving you an image of the world, all at once, through everyone elses camera.

09-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #23
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
No no... no LIVE VIEW AT ALL IN SONY. How is this even possible!!?!?!?!!QUESTIONMARKQUESTIONMARK?
A700 doesn't have LV at all and it's the only modern camera in this class without this feature at least implemented. Honnestly I turned LV on my camera once or twice just to see what's up with that. My answer? Nothing's up with LV!

Radu

P.S. in A900 the technical reason for the missing LV could be the sensor overheating. All the Sony's with LV have a second smaller sensor, reduced OVF and penta-mirror. None of this is feasable with A900's penta-prism.
09-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Pentax is not behind, Pentax is about to create the worlds first MSW-H Sensor (mega super world - hybrid)

this sensor is so large, that, much like voltron, when you press the shutter release, all of the worlds pentax lenses activate through a secret ancient mechanism and process whatever they see directly into your camera giving you an image of the world, all at once, through everyone elses camera.

[/b]
Presumably a lot of "dead pixels" will appear in the form of basements, cupboards, camera bags and lens caps.
09-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote

[/b]
nope - there will be a miniken (cloned Ken R) inside, equipped w/ Nikon camera and set of PP tools...
09-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #26
Veteran Member

That camera is "As Ugly As the Day is LONG!"

Ben
09-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #27
Veteran Member

1600 iso is awful.
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
1600 iso is awful.
Oh man, you tell me. It's probably like the A350 - great at lower ISOs, but iffy at higher ones.

It would be interesting if Nikon releases a D3x using the same sensor with better performance at ISO 1600 up. Sony really does tend to overdo their noise reduction, hence the seemingly watercolor effect.

Kudos to Sony, though, for still being able to make in-body stabilization work with FF. There were a lot of rumblings that it couldn't be done, since there's no more extra space to move an FF sensor. Or something.
09-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Wow... reviews of IQ aren't that good... Dissapointing to say the least. I rather everyone bring out awesome products to keep the war going :P
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bodhi Quote
...I think Canon, Nikon and now Sony knows better than you and me why they go the FF...
As I was quoting Sony's own press release, what made you think I was pretending to know better than these three companies?
If anything I wondered if Pentax would reason the same way Sony appears to do (taking their own press release seriously) - that the potential amateur FF market is already big enough.