Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 406 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2018, 09:26 PM   #391
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Just treat it like a weak vodka and do it as shots with Chinese food or barbeque. It won't be nearly flavorless like a vodka but style-wise, that is the closest spirit I can compare it to.
I don't believe I'll be drinking it at all. It may fund my retirement!

See: Vintage Alco Pop? Maotai’s Price Spiral - China Real Time Report - WSJ

07-31-2018, 10:36 PM - 1 Like   #392
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Yes, I'm told it's over 50. No idea though. He simply said that, in China, this particular make was considered very good quality.

Moutai is a good make, apparently. But something that comes in a plastic bottle should be looked at carefully - either it is the cheap version, or even a knock-off. Kind of like the guys who copy Rolex watches so badly they make a Rollex watch.
08-01-2018, 02:40 AM - 1 Like   #393
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Moutai is a good make, apparently. But something that comes in a plastic bottle should be looked at carefully - either it is the cheap version, or even a knock-off. Kind of like the guys who copy Rolex watches so badly they make a Rollex watch.
It's not a plastic bottle. The real deal is a ceramic bottle with a wax seal.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 08-01-2018 at 02:55 AM.
08-01-2018, 03:09 AM - 2 Likes   #394
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
the guys who copy Rolex watches so badly they make a Rollex watch

I'd buy a Rollex watch just for laughs. I draw the line at Ree jeans though.

08-01-2018, 03:46 AM   #395
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
I'd buy a Rollex watch just for laughs. I draw the line at Ree jeans though.
Not my quote. But yes, some of those Rollex watches are not bad actually. These days, in China, it's becoming pretty hard to find those blatant brand rip-offs. Counterfeiting is still going on, but it's much more sophisticated. And in a range of qualities. Basically, you can find some counterfeit goods that are as good or better than the original - or the original, just not manufactured during the day shift, and at the other end of the scale, some poorer quality fakes. But, these days, very few junk fakes.
08-31-2018, 06:24 AM   #396
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry for resurrecting this ancient one month old thread, but I have very important information to announce.

Brace yourself... Cameras lie!!! Images are deliberately distorted to hide teh truth!!!! Ricoh is part of teh conspeeeracy!!!!11

(I recommend taking some booze before watching this video)

08-31-2018, 06:47 AM   #397
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aberrator Quote
Sorry for resurrecting this ancient one month old thread, but I have very important information to announce.

Brace yourself... Cameras lie!!! Images are deliberately distorted to hide teh truth!!!! Ricoh is part of teh conspeeeracy!!!!11

(I recommend taking some booze before watching this video)

The Great Camera Hoax- Every camera in the world is distorting visual perception - YouTube
You realize that your eyes lie too. Each of my eyes sees color a little bit different. Which one is right. In a room lit only with red light,all red objects will appear to be white. The image in the back of your eye is inverted. You brain corrects for this. If you wore glasses that made the world look upside down your brain would eventually correct for this.

Since you are looking at the world through two slightly offset lenses, you see more of an object that any single camera lens can. The best any lens can do is to closely mimic what we see. Luckily our brain can look at the image and do the rest for us. I have astigmatism and I am nearsighted. Nobody would purchase any camera lens that sees the world as I do without eyeglasses. .

Visual perception is not just a straight optics thing buy a physiological process with all sorts of quirks in it.

Sorry for the scientific answer, but I am trying to add to the post count so somebody, probably not me, will win a K1-II.

08-31-2018, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #398
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
You realize that your eyes lie too.
Well, reality is a simulation anyway. Yes, it really is. I have the proof. Oh, someone is knocking on my door...
08-31-2018, 01:07 PM   #399
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I, for one, would like to know where NASA is getting all of this money to pay the actors to portray these "so called Australians". Oh, and the fact that they completely ignored NZ, is hilarious.
08-31-2018, 02:37 PM   #400
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ThomSirveaux Quote
I, for one, would like to know where NASA is getting all of this money to pay the actors to portray these "so called Australians". Oh, and the fact that they completely ignored NZ, is hilarious.

Australia, New Zealand it's all the same. BTW did you know that New Zealand is now part of a continent called Zealand? Most of Zealand is submerged. So they are part of an eighth continent. Not sure how this fits into NASA's plot.
08-31-2018, 03:49 PM   #401
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Australia, New Zealand it's all the same. BTW did you know that New Zealand is now part of a continent called Zealand? Most of Zealand is submerged. So they are part of an eighth continent. Not sure how this fits into NASA's plot.
I don't know enough about geography to call no way on this, but I'll take your word for it.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 09-02-2018 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Language
08-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #402
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I don't know enough about geography to call no way on this, but I'll take your word for it.
I misspoke. It is called Zealandia.

Zealandia - Wikipedia

Last edited by Racer X 69; 09-02-2018 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Cleanup, aisle 5!
08-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #403
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . BTW did you know that New Zealand is now part of a continent called Zealand? Most of Zealand is submerged. So they are part of an eighth continent. Not sure how this fits into NASA's plot.
it makes most of it all wet
08-31-2018, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #404
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

same way the feds pay for Area 51

" My God. Why the hell wasn't I told about this place? Two words, Mr President. Plausible deniability. I don't understand. Where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this? You don't actually think they spend $20,000 on a hammer,... ...$30,000 on a toilet seat, do you? "

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=independence-day

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-31-2018 at 04:16 PM.
08-31-2018, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #405
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well thats right

You need a landmass to counter-balance the Northern Hemisphere

The Islands in the pacific are just the high points above the water

Zealand does exist

Dave