Show Printable Version 406 Likes Search this Thread
05-29-2018, 09:16 AM - 2 Likes   #16

I can get Siri to speak with an Australian accent, seems real enough to me

05-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ballhog Quote
I can get Siri to speak with an Australian accent, seems real enough to me
Now who could ask for more proof than that? Although I suppose it could be argued, Apple is colluding with NASA in trade for phone and computer contracts.
05-29-2018, 10:14 AM - 9 Likes   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
05-29-2018, 10:31 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It gets worse! Just try and tell a flat Earther that the moon is upside down as seen from down under!

05-29-2018, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #20
PDL
Pentaxian

Or tell a flat earther that the sun travels right to left throughout the day and the moon is in the northern sky.
Winter is June and July, Summer is December and January.

To mention a few more "things" that hurt their brains.

So if Australia is fake, does that mean that my images from New Zealand are fake too? How about South Africa, Chile, the Falklands etc. There seems to be a lot of fake land out there. If Australia does not exist how about all those islands the US fought over in the South Pacific, all those old solders (including my late father) were liars? Maybe the flat earthers should hold their next convention in Melbourne or Perth.

Last edited by PDL; 05-29-2018 at 12:43 PM.
05-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The shocking truth about our Australian members
It might explain why there's so many of them here mind...
05-29-2018, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #22
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Melbourne or Perth
We can help you out with a Perth.

05-29-2018, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

There's a Perth here in Ontario, Canada, with a Tay River running through it, but you still have to get a passport. The flight however is a lot cheaper. Those Scots, everywhere they go they name some place "Perth".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth,_Ontario
05-29-2018, 02:16 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

I help run a public astronomical observatory and we get many questions. I welcome ignorance; it is correctable with education. Willful ignorance is unforgivable.

Flat earth, fake moon landings, weather control via commercial aviation, weather control via antennas in Alaska, astral projection and worldwide telepathy by sitting in a special chair, UFOs, aliens come up in varying frequencies. Some people are asking because they are inquisitive, others are trying to spread their crazy conspiracy theories.

I partially blame the internet. Pre-web, everyone else told the crazies that they were crazy. Now, crazies can band together online, in a self-reinforcing circle of stupidity, and dismiss the sensible people as being part of the conspiracy.
05-29-2018, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
For sure, no one in their right mind would believe something like that.
When the first carcass was taken back to England, it was dismissed as a crudely sewn hoax.

05-29-2018, 02:40 PM - 7 Likes   #26
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Just try and tell a flat Earther that the moon is upside down as seen from down under!

Oh, those "scientists" have really got you conned! Now I have to take time out from my job as a kangaroo mechanic to shut this nonsense down. (Ever been at Disneyland just before closing time when figures start to have mechanical failures? Well, it's the same here.) The real reason that the [flat] moon is seen upside down from what you so quaintly call "down under" is that it is being viewed from the opposite side of the obviously flat earth. The technical drawing below demonstrates this. Simple really. Now I have a workshop full of kangaroos waiting for me to fix and someone in Melbourne (maybe Clackers) has to keep bottling pond water and sticking Fosters labels on it.

If the mods don't shut this thread down we will be out of a job, Pentax will lose a substantial market and then where will all the intelligent people all be?? You'll be shooting Canikon and blaming the flat earthers.

05-29-2018, 02:53 PM - 3 Likes   #27
Pentaxian

CRIKEY !!!!!!!!!

They're on to us Lads!!
05-29-2018, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Oh, those "scientists" have really got you conned! Now I have to take time out from my job as a kangaroo mechanic to shut this nonsense down. (Ever been at Disneyland just before closing time when figures start to have mechanical failures? Well, it's the same here.) The real reason that the [flat] moon is seen upside down from what you so quaintly call "down under" is that it is being viewed from the opposite side of the obviously flat earth. The technical drawing below demonstrates this. Simple really. Now I have a workshop full of kangaroos waiting for me to fix and someone in Melbourne (maybe Clackers) has to keep bottling pond water and sticking Fosters labels on it.

If the mods don't shut this thread down we will be out of a job, Pentax will lose a substantial market and then where will all the intelligent people all be?? You'll be shooting Canikon and blaming the flat earthers.

LOL! Excellent! But then the Canucks and the Aussies would see the moon as a foreshortened eclipse. Only people at the equator would see it as a circle.

And then there's the problem that everyone on a flat earth would seen the flat moon rise at the same time rather than some seeing it rise as other are seeing it set.
05-29-2018, 06:45 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Pentaxian

Satellites don't work with a flat earth. GPS is fake. The Pentax astrotracer(*) makes us part of the conspiracy.

(*) Mods, I mentioned the astrotracer, so my post is on topic?

-Hail Hydra!
05-29-2018, 06:47 PM - 2 Likes   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, if it's flat, I think there are only two questions that really matter. How thick is it and what's on the other side?