Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2018, 12:47 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Location: Out in the sticks,Suffolk,UK(or SE Asia,if I'm lucky!)
Photos: Gallery
Dreams

A thread about photography safety in the general photography forum took a sidetrack about dreams (the sleeping type not ambitions)and has prompted me to start this thread.

I have always had very vivid,almost cinematic dreams which I can remember upon waking.

Often I’ll have, what I refer to as ,“frustration dreams” ,the ones where you can’t remember where you’ve parked the car,trying to find the exam hall etc.In recent years I’ve been able to tell myself,within the dream,that the problem isn’t solveable logically,because it’s a dream.

This has lead me on to lucid dreams( ones where you can actually control what you are dreaming about!)In these I’ve been able to fly and can control other aspects the direction the dream takes.

Anyone else have experiences of dreams the want to share?(Better try and keep it clean)

Last edited by timb64; 06-19-2018 at 01:11 AM.
06-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

For the most part, I am the type that doesn't remember my dreams when I wake up. Sometimes a dream will linger and I will sit there and wonder why I was dreaming about that subject or person.

A dream that lingered from last week was one where I was dreaming about being with (not that way ) a girl I knew in high school. It was not a dream of "I wonder where she is at" type of dream because we are friends on FB but it was more of being with her at her home. It was just a strange dream.
06-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Last night i dreamed of using a coat hanger to hold flashes. 2 flashes held with rubber bands looped around and hung on a curtain rod. I am going to try that.
06-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I usually have long complicated dreams that I remember. One recurring one is that I have just bought a house, which I am now exploring. Dream houses are way more complicated than any real houses I've bought.

I assume I inherited this from my dad, who had the same elaborate dreams. In later years, he would sometimes dream that I had done something weird, like moved to Fiji or joined the Navy. He knew it was a dream but would still be bothered enough to call and ask if I had done something else weird and not told him.

06-21-2018, 07:25 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Working at night I must sleep during the day, which isn't easy. It's not natural for humans to sleep during the day.
Even with the phone turned off, blackout curtains, sound conditioner and melatonin my sleep is often interrupted.

Occasionally I will sleep long enough to remember my dreams. Once last month I woke up from a particularly vivid one.
I got up and uttered some irrational accusation to my wife, who must have been a character in my dream.

Without missing a beat, her response was equally irrational. I can always count on my wife!

Chris