Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Glad you and you're family came through OK. This was a big storm and it'll take us a while to recover.

We still don't have power at our undamaged house in Lake Jackson; our marina in Kemah came out miraculously unscathed. In fact, I just visited their website and note the real time camera is broadcasting - apparently, the marina even has power.

I'm so sorry about your mom's losses - but at least you all are safe.

Jer
Thanks Sailor. My mom is with us and things can be replaced. Incidently, my mother grew up and to some extent so did I, in Lake Jackson.

09-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #17
graphicgr8s

Texas friends, just want to let you know how glad I am as each of you responds here to let us know you're ok. Things can be replaced. Pentaxians can't. May God continue to watch over each of you as you recover.
George
09-17-2008, 07:11 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Texas friends, just want to let you know how glad I am as each of you responds here to let us know you're ok. Things can be replaced. Pentaxians can't. May God continue to watch over each of you as you recover.
George
Thanks, George.
09-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
George
Yes, thanks George.

09-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #20
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For those that wish to look I have some unedited photos on my flickr (see signature) site. I am to busy for much else at this time.

DAZ
09-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Things are OK over here with me. Power is back on, but sewer is not working. It has definitely been a rough week. Thanks for everyone on the forums expressing their concerns. Hope everyone else in hurricane affected areas are doing ok.

It sure is good to be back though.

Paolo
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks all for the good wishes during a pretty trying period. We're now back home, which is undamaged and . . . finally . . . . has electricty pumping through its systems. No cable/internet yet.

The boat came through absolutely unharmed, despite the hard hit Kemah received. Indeed, we "re-evacuated" to the boat (power was restored to our marina well before it returned to our house) after living without juice for about a week.

I was able to get some pretty interesting shots of the results of Ike's wrath - particularly around the neighboring marina which suffered considerable damage. I'll post these as soon as our cable is restored - I don't have the time (or the software) to post photos here at work.

Again, thanks all.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 09-26-2008 at 11:46 AM.
09-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Glad to hear it sailor. Our power just came back about 30 minutes ago.
09-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Glad to hear it sailor. Our power just came back about 30 minutes ago.
Congrats, Wayne - it's tough to live in a modern house without power. My cable/internet came back this morning. I've already posted some shots of Ike's aftermath at Watergate Marina in Kemah taken last Sunday.

Jer