Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 104 Likes Search this Thread
08-22-2018, 02:47 AM   #166
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have no intention on buying one,

if I win one, I would try it out and then decide what to do with it

I didn't even enter the contest in June although I qualified. I did enter the contest in July and won a slot in the final raffle

in August I have been awarded an automatic entry based on my posts in June and July ( top ten poster both months )

08-22-2018, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #167
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'd love one. But the camera budget is severely curtailed by the need for a bicycle budget which is itself severely curtailed by the fact that we have two teenagers, one of which is eating us out of house and home. The other is at uni, which comes with it's own special spending awards.
Yep! Taking the oldest to first year next Tuesday. My desires for the DFA* 50 turned into rebulding the transmission on my daily driver, and the tax man still wants his claim on the property due end of September. Don't these creditors realize we have more pressing priorities, like GAS and LBA? Some people!
08-22-2018, 04:28 AM   #168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
in August I have been awarded an automatic entry based on my posts in June and July ( top ten poster both months )
I'd be surprised if you haven't mad 180 posts this month, as well
08-22-2018, 04:34 AM   #169
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I'd be surprised if you haven't mad 180 posts this month, as well
could be

just trying my best to post photos and comments in the various threads

and to try to help the forums reach the minimum 45,000 posts

08-22-2018, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #170
Pentaxian

I'd love one. But the camera budget is severely curtailed by the need for a bicycle budget which is itself severely curtailed by the fact that we have two teenagers, one of which is eating us out of house and home. The other is at uni, which comes with it's own special spending awards.
We've sent two daughters through college, I'm retired and my wife retires next summer. My K-30 is starting to show Dark Image Syndrome symptoms, but I've got manual lenses if I need them. I've been talking KP all summer, and my wife is agreeable with my purchasing both a KP and the new PLM lens, but if there is a raffle and I receive the K-1, I will use it.
08-22-2018, 07:54 AM   #171
Pentaxian

That DA 55-300 PLM is a surprising lens. It doesn't do anything really special, (except for really fast AF.) but it seems to do everything better than you'd expect. When you consider the design restraints required to keep the focusing elemnnst light enough for the PLM motor it's actually somewhat of a marvel of design.
08-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #172
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That DA 55-300 PLM is a surprising lens. It doesn't do anything really special, (except for really fast AF.) but it seems to do everything better than you'd expect. When you consider the design restraints required to keep the focusing element light enough for the PLM motor it's actually somewhat of a marvel of design.
That is what I keep hearing and why I want to get one .... although the in-lens motor caught my attention in the first place.

08-22-2018, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I know that pain. One in a vocational school, one in a private high school... and plenty of other priorities.
08-22-2018, 09:19 AM   #174
Pentaxian

Two-thirds through a "statistical day" {I record midnight UTC to midnight UTC} and we already have 1200 posts. Until this week that would have been total for an entire day. We need 1450 daily average over the month, 1550 daily average over remainder of month to make for slow days - so keep it up!
08-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I know that pain. One in a vocational school, one in a private high school... and plenty of other priorities.
So glad both of mine are paying taxes and helping to pay my retirement!

---------- Post added 08-22-18 at 09:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That DA 55-300 PLM is a surprising lens. It doesn't do anything really special, (except for really fast AF.) but it seems to do everything better than you'd expect. When you consider the design restraints required to keep the focusing elemnnst light enough for the PLM motor it's actually somewhat of a marvel of design.
Too true! the curved blades really make it an inexpensive bokeh monster when the background is back from the target a bit. Surprised me when most of my images in the bokeh thread come from the PLM.
08-22-2018, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #176
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Yes! And old house. There's always maintenance to be done.
08-22-2018, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes! And old house. There's always maintenance to be done.
Got one of those too!

08-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #178
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
That is what I keep hearing and why I want to get one .... although the in-lens motor caught my attention in the first place.
Some of the recent prices have been very nice. I don't think you'd be disappointed. I also think it is optically much nicer than my HD 55-300 WR. I've really been surprised by the difference.
08-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #179
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I already have a K1 and a K1-II so I don't need to win one.

Aslyfox - If you are the winner and you get your hands on one you will keep it. Of that I have no doubt.
08-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #180
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I already have a K1 and a K1-II so I don't need to win one.

Aslyfox - If you are the winner and you get your hands on one you will keep it. Of that I have no doubt.
nice to be confident

time will tell