Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 104 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #286
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So would I, perhaps. I already have a FA 28-105 that I purchased on the Marketplace here for not much more than $100 that could be my primary lens until I could purchase something else, and I have several totally manual lenses I could also use.
The FA 28-105 is the lens I would have purchased if I hadn't found a good deal on a Tamron 24-135. That Tamron was a constant companion for my *ist-DS and K-7, although less so recently since I have so many more lenses to play with. Hopefully it can get some more exercise after I win the K-1.

08-27-2018, 07:42 PM   #287
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Don't quibble, I'm over the 180 line. Just doing my part to at least get to the K-1 Mk1. With supreme effort we can make K-1 Mk2.
08-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #288
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
But I won't vouch for the quality. Although I've tried hard to make useful contributions almost all the time, sometimes I just go on a bit of a tear.
08-27-2018, 07:56 PM - 2 Likes   #289
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Don't quibble, I'm over the 180 line. Just doing my part to at least get to the K-1 Mk1. With supreme effort we can make K-1 Mk2.
I'm not over 180 yet, but squabbling with you is definitely going to push me over some kind of limit.

08-27-2018, 08:13 PM   #290
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
I'm not over 180 yet, but squabbling with you is definitely going to push me over some kind of limit.
08-27-2018, 08:15 PM   #291
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The FA 28-105 is the lens I would have purchased if I hadn't found a good deal on a Tamron 24-135. That Tamron was a constant companion for my *ist-DS and K-7, although less so recently since I have so many more lenses to play with. Hopefully it can get some more exercise after I win the K-1.
I bought that lens new with my K-1 - really nice lens, especially for the price. For a long time it was my only modern AF lens and i was completely satisfied with it. Then last spring a significant number of essentially unused D FA 24-70’s appeared in the Marketplace at prices that still haven’t been matched new, even on Deals. The 28-105 is now on the KP for snaps and desultory walking around.
08-27-2018, 08:18 PM   #292
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I bought that lens new with my K-1 - really nice lens, especially for the price. For a long time it was my only modern AF lens and i was completely satisfied with it. Then last spring a significant number of essentially unused D FA 24-70’s and D FA 70-200’s appeared in the Marketplace at prices that still haven’t been matched new, even on Deals. The 28-105 is now on the KP for snaps and desultory walking around.
There is a big difference between FA and DFA lenses. My lenses are FA or older.

08-27-2018, 08:20 PM   #293
Pentaxian

Well, you have at least three days to go {not clear to me what cut-off point Adam is going to use for this}
08-27-2018, 08:21 PM   #294
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I bought that lens new with my K-1 - really nice lens, especially for the price. For a long time it was my only modern AF lens and i was completely satisfied with it. Then last spring a significant number of essentially unused D FA 24-70’s appeared in the Marketplace at prices that still haven’t been matched new, even on Deals. The 28-105 is now on the KP for snaps and desultory walking around.
We're talking about the older FA, not the new DFA. It hasn't been offered as new in many years, and certainly wouldn't qualify as "modern" unless you're comparing it to manual focus lenses.
08-27-2018, 08:24 PM   #295
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

this help any one ?

Pentax K-Mount Lens Series Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

In a nutshell

There are several series of Pentax K-mount lenses; the ones currently being produced include the DA (digital), DA L (cheap digital kit), D FA (full-frame, digital optimized), and FA (full-frame) series. While all Pentax K-mount lenses ever produced are compatible with all current Pentax DSLRs (in some cases with restrictions in that not all exposure modes of the camera are supported by old lenses), there are significant differences between each lens series and each has different features. Furthermore some of the newer lenses do not work with older cameras. We'll be exploring the differences between the various K-mount series lenses in this article. Read more about specific K-mount lens/camera compatibility here.

The DLSR designation below encompasses the mirror-less K-01.

Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
08-27-2018, 08:28 PM   #296
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oops - the FA28-105 trips me up at least once a month
08-27-2018, 08:29 PM   #297
Veteran Member

Well, you have at least three days to go {not clear to me what cut-off point Adam is going to use for this}
I would assume that Adam will publish a list of those who are automatically entered before the qualification threads go live. So the cut-off will be between the point where we reach the threshold and then. I'll deal with it either way.
08-27-2018, 08:29 PM   #298
Veteran Member

i just struggle with things to say but i follow the posts all the time, just hope that the few posts i have put up help get some deserving person on here a nice new K1, regards ian
08-27-2018, 08:29 PM   #299
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We're talking about the older FA, not the new DFA. It hasn't been offered as new in many years, and certainly wouldn't qualify as "modern" unless you're comparing it to manual focus lenses.
Oops - the FA28-105 trips me up at least once a month
08-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #300
Pentaxian

I do have several Takumar M42-mount lenses that sometimes end up in my bag.

Kerrowdown uses manual focus lenses, and based on his example {amongst others} I'm trying to figure out how to think about them.