Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 104 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2018, 01:32 PM   #106
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ThomSirveaux Quote
What's interesting is that it's everyone with 180+ posts gets an automatic entry. This means, anyone who doesn't have that will be scrambling to get into the other post threads.

LET THE HUNGER GAMES BEGIN!
and some have been awarded for past efforts and are in the raffle automatically based on their posts in June and/or July

To summarize changes for this month:
Automatic raffle qualification if you make 180 or more posts in August
Automatic raffle qualification* for our June and July top posters
Threshold for K-1 II decreased to 51,000
Threshold for K-1 increased to 45,000 (this was exceeded in both June and July)
Raffle thread size increased to 80 entries
Total number of raffle threads decreased to 3, all 8 hours apart

*Automatically qualified users:
Photogoof
FozzFoster
reh321
WPRESTO
Mikesul
Kerrowdown
aslyfox
CharLac
Racer X 69
noelcmn
UncleVanya
robtcorl
BigMackCam
pepperberry farm
DW58
Tonytee
wtlwdwgn
MarkJerling
savoche
normhead
bertwert
LensBeginner
SSGGeezer
stevebrot
eaglem
swanlefitte

Read more at: Pentax K-1 Summer 2018 Giveaway - August Announcements - PentaxForums.com

08-20-2018, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #107
Veteran Member

I'm in but I am still posting because we still need to get to the number! And I have to go to music trivia Bingo tonight! An excuse to have a stout or IPA or a Blueberry sour ale or something!
08-20-2018, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
And I have to go to music trivia Bingo tonight! An excuse to have a stout or IPA or a Blueberry sour ale or something!
LoL. Life has still got to happen
08-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
LoL. Life has still got to happen
Thank you for understanding Kevin! It is a hard life when people question my desire to go out for a few hours and a couple ounces of beer.

08-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #110
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

some of us have more opportunity or desire to post more than others

no problems

just post

as much as you want as little as you want

photos,

comments on photos

or other posts

all are welcomed
08-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #111
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
The count went to 10% in about 2.5 days so I thought this one would breeze through. Peeps gotta go on holiday I suppose.
My spreadsheet shows the big dropoff came the day Adam announced the change in procedures. This morning is the first time I ran into this, so I don't totally understand it right now {I should have explored when I hit it this morning}, but now if you have posted 75 or more times in the past 24 hours in the PYP! section, you get a "not allowed to bump old threads" eror message if you attempt to comment on an 'old thread' in PYP!, one that was started before some date. It is still possible to have a "large post day" if you post frequently in some other section, but no one has posted more than 100 times since then. I am fairly sure I could surpass 100 posts per day despite this new procedure, but in fact I have hardly ever reached that level at all. Since July 1st, the only time I've reached that high was a day when there was heavy activity in one of the threads talking about the Giveaway, and those threads no longer count.
08-20-2018, 03:59 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm pretty sure I've increased my posting significantly in August over July, and I didn't have enough in June to qualify. Kind of discouraging to know it isn't enough.

08-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've tried hard, but still have only managed 100 this month so far. I assumed there would be a lot of people trying the same, to avoid the raffle-scramble, and that would cause a big month, but no. Maybe since tthe raffle didn't even fill up last month, they figure they will take their chances. Or maybe people have forgotten and moved on.
08-20-2018, 04:04 PM - 2 Likes   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robiles Quote
Count me in if it's free (i thought about going full Frame but due to the cost of FF lenses and the size diference to aps-c, ist not for me unless it's free)
I'm in the same boat. Between the size and the cost it's unlikely I'll ever buy one, but if it's free I'll figure out a way to deal with the size! I have quite a few FF-capable lenses already.

If I do win I'll be a two-time winner, my K-7 came to me as a raffle prize.
08-20-2018, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #115
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
My spreadsheet shows the big dropoff came the day Adam announced the change in procedures. This morning is the first time I ran into this, so I don't totally understand it right now {I should have explored when I hit it this morning}, but now if you have posted 75 or more times in the past 24 hours in the PYP! section, you get a "not allowed to bump old threads" eror message if you attempt to comment on an 'old thread' in PYP!, one that was started before some date. It is still possible to have a "large post day" if you post frequently in some other section, but no one has posted more than 100 times since then. I am fairly sure I could surpass 100 posts per day despite this new procedure, but in fact I have hardly ever reached that level at all. Since July 1st, the only time I've reached that high was a day when there was heavy activity in one of the threads talking about the Giveaway, and those threads no longer count.
Well, first full day back, Bert has already passed 100 posts - I knew it could be done
08-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #116
Pentaxian

Burt isn't going to do this by himself - we all still need to post as much as we can.
08-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm doing what I can. Vacation week at my dad's and work past weeks
08-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #118
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I'm doing what I can. Vacation week at my dad's and work past weeks
That's what matters.

BTW - In the past 24 hours we actually "gained" - we need to post 1452 each day, and we posted 1660. We can meet the goal, but its not going to be a trivial effort.
08-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #119
Forum Member

It is on the top of my wish list.
08-20-2018, 07:50 PM - 1 Like   #120
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I'm in but I am still posting because we still need to get to the number! And I have to go to music trivia Bingo tonight! An excuse to have a stout or IPA or a Blueberry sour ale or something!
At first glance the word Bingo pops out, and I am prepared to mumble condolences thinking it's an obligation you're fulfilling, but then it sinks in this isn't little old ladies at the church social. I'm no longer feeling sorry for you!