Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
and me
I’m glad to learn it wasn’t just me.

08-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #257
FJC

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So, use all the "money saved" to purchase a lens or two.
But not probably with the new FF lens you will want 😁
08-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #258
Forum Member

K-1 is my dream camera, as Z-1 was in the past, for me! I cannot afford it but dreams are for free, aren't they?

Last edited by teogin; 08-26-2018 at 03:57 PM.
08-26-2018, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #259
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by teogin Quote
K-1 is my dream camera, as Z-1 was in the past, for me! I cannot afford but dreams are for free, aren't they?
yes they are

and so is entry into the contest

08-26-2018, 08:54 PM   #260

I want a K1...not because it will make me a better photographer...but because my customers will think I am and happily accept my 500% increase in what I charge for sessions so I can get the most impressive lenses for it... And raise my prices another 500%...I can dream...right?
08-26-2018, 10:50 PM - 2 Likes   #261
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alamodoso Quote
If I would get a free K1 then my wife would be happy with all the money saved...
It is true!!! Global true!!! I think a lot of people here can feel you and are in the same situation with you (including me of course)!

BTW, the economical crisis of Hellas brought us in such a situation that we need 4 months salary to get a Pentax K-1 body!

This is ridiculous for a European country, but I think that millions of people deserve a better life and especially people who live in rich countries, but in a very poor way of living because some and few evil mind guys want everything for themselves!

I wish God brought light in our heads and helped us to learn how to love all the people and learn how to share etc.

Undoubtedly, this forum is a wonderful place for sharing!
08-27-2018, 02:03 AM - 1 Like   #262
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by teogin Quote
It is true!!! Global true!!! I think a lot of people here can feel you and are in the same situation with you (including me of course)!

BTW, the economical crisis of Hellas brought us in such a situation that we need 4 months salary to get a Pentax K-1 body!

This is ridiculous for a European country, but I think that millions of people deserve a better life and especially people who live in rich countries, but in a very poor way of living because some and few evil mind guys want everything for themselves!

I wish God brought light in our heads and helped us to learn how to love all the people and learn how to share etc.

Undoubtedly, this forum is a wonderful place for sharing!
Great post my friend! There are not many people in here that can understand what you are talking about and far less that have felt it (thanks God for that!).

I endorse everything you wrote as it is exactly what I'm feeling these years, but I also didn't/don't want to bother the fellow PF members with my worries

Anyway PF is a place that I also saw like a shelter that helped me forget the ugly truth around me and help me relax and think about my passion when I'm not outside with my K-1 which also offers me joy and relief! I can say that we have paid for our photographic passion with "body parts", as these money were spent on a "hobby" against every rational and the general notion to save money for the worst things that are coming ahead...

I can't quite adequately describe the whole situation and there is no point in that, I only hope that no other countries fall in such a negative socio-economical climate as no people deserve this strain... I can only ensure you that every click from my K-1 counts to me so much and I hope it will serve me for many years to come and offer me images and therapy at the same time!

Sorry for my emotional and irrelevant post but it is a message to my friend @teogin (we don't know eachother) that he is not alone! Glad to be Pentaxians though

PS: It would be a serious omission by my part if I forgot to mention that under these hard circumstances there was a new and great representation of Ricoh-Pentax in Greece with great after sales service and communication with the people who work there. What a paradox!

Last edited by redpit; 08-27-2018 at 02:16 AM. Reason: added text
08-27-2018, 04:44 AM   #263
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought this thread has to be the right place to ask... and I did try searching the thread with no luck, so here goes:

I have been posting like mad this August to push the count, while trying my best not to spam, but I really have no idea if I made 180 posts yet. Is there a way to find out?
(apart from the "my posts" link, which would mean scrolling through about ten pages and counting - I'm too lazy for that! )
08-27-2018, 04:57 AM   #264
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

looks like we are at the last 10 % for the Raffle and the K 1

can we get the top prize level

looks like we need less than 12,000 more for the top prize

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-27-2018 at 05:16 AM.
08-27-2018, 05:19 AM   #265

I don't believe we'll get this 12 000 posts for K1 II. Honestly, im beggining to worry we will not get even 4,5k for K1, but we should still try, month is long, so, just keep posting.
08-27-2018, 06:15 AM   #266
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, August is one of the months with 31 days so there's plenty of hope remaining.
08-27-2018, 06:26 AM   #267
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MatKus Quote
I don't believe we'll get this 12 000 posts for K1 II. Honestly, im beggining to worry we will not get even 4,5k for K1, but we should still try, month is long, so, just keep posting.
You're too much of a pessimist. If we just post the way we did last week, we will easily reach 45000, probably sometime Wednesday, and fall slightly short of 51000
08-27-2018, 06:26 AM   #268
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
I have been posting like mad this August to push the count, while trying my best not to spam, but I really have no idea if I made 180 posts yet. Is there a way to find out?
Yes - and it's in one of the threads on this subject, but I can't remember which. So far you've posted 21 times today - that you can easily see from the top posters - do you think you've had nine similar or higher days?
08-27-2018, 07:31 AM   #269
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought this thread has to be the right place to ask... and I did try searching the thread with no luck, so here goes:

(apart from the "my posts" link, which would mean scrolling through about ten pages and counting - I'm too lazy for that! )

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Yes - and it's in one of the threads on this subject, but I can't remember which. So far you've posted 21 times today - that you can easily see from the top posters - do you think you've had nine similar or higher days?
I don't do computer but I remember these:

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Here's a link for you:

Search Results - PentaxForums.com

The last number is the number of days to go back. Since it's the 24th today, I put in 24.

I'm seeing just over 160 posts.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The search form available to my user does not include options for "before/after" and the URL does not show in the above post. To craft a URL to do the same:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=process&searchuser=stevebrot&exactname=1&beforeafter=after&showposts=1&searchdate=24

Steve
08-27-2018, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #270
Veteran Member

This link will show you how many posts you've done in the last 27 days, so all of August, it looks like you have 206 as of now.

Search Results - PentaxForums.com