Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 04:26 AM - 4 Likes   #1
Veteran Member
BethC's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsylvannia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 377
I didn't get in... but that's okay because....

.....I never win anything anyway, so it's better someone else be in who would have better odds. However, just wanted to say. I haven't been on the forums in a long time before this contest started and it's been fun posting and reading and viewing all the photos again! So, maybe I'll try for another entry... maybe I'll just leave it for someone else. But I'm glad to be back around here reading and learning.

Good luck to all who go in.

06-30-2018, 04:30 AM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,989
there is another chance to get into the raffle later today...
06-30-2018, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member
BethC's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsylvannia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 377
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
there is another chance to get into the raffle later today...
Yep, I did read that, but again, I'm not sure I'll bother. Same thing will happen. My internet seriously sucks. Just 3 days ago, I rented a movie to stream on Amazon. and it happens every time. I always get a refund on whatever I paid to rent because my internet sucks. I get an email from Amazon saying "we noticed you experienced poor play back on your amazon video......... we are refunding your money" LOL it's not on their end. It's definetly on mine and my crap internet. but every single time we rent a movie from them I get a refund. Sucks the worst during Hockey season when I try to stream my beloved Philadelphia Flyers games.
06-30-2018, 04:59 AM - 1 Like   #4
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter
SSGGeezer's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Maine, U.S.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,795
QuoteOriginally posted by BethC Quote
Yep, I did read that, but again, I'm not sure I'll bother. Same thing will happen. My internet seriously sucks. Just 3 days ago, I rented a movie to stream on Amazon. and it happens every time. I always get a refund on whatever I paid to rent because my internet sucks. I get an email from Amazon saying "we noticed you experienced poor play back on your amazon video......... we are refunding your money" LOL it's not on their end. It's definetly on mine and my crap internet. but every single time we rent a movie from them I get a refund. Sucks the worst during Hockey season when I try to stream my beloved Philadelphia Flyers games.
I feel you! I pay for what is considered fast for living in the sticks but When I try to Sling my hockey to watch on my computer, it is terrible quality and stream wise. On my Fire TV box that is next to the router, it rarely stutters. I have 15 feet of Ethernet cable and I am supposed to believe that is the issue? Going to a local company that charges less for more that has transmitters and receivers on nearby cell towers. I may lose internet in large power outages if I do that though.

06-30-2018, 05:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member
BethC's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsylvannia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 377
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I feel you! I pay for what is considered fast for living in the sticks but When I try to Sling my hockey to watch on my computer, it is terrible quality and stream wise. On my Fire TV box that is next to the router, it rarely stutters. I have 15 feet of Ethernet cable and I am supposed to believe that is the issue? Going to a local company that charges less for more that has transmitters and receivers on nearby cell towers. I may lose internet in large power outages if I do that though.
Bruins fan? (Just don't say Penguins... )

I promised my kids over the summer I would look into a better internet. They think I'm doing it for them. I tell myself I'll do it before Hockey season starts.
06-30-2018, 05:25 AM   #6
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter
SSGGeezer's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Maine, U.S.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,795
QuoteOriginally posted by BethC Quote
Bruins fan? (Just don't say Penguins... )

I promised my kids over the summer I would look into a better internet. They think I'm doing it for them. I tell myself I'll do it before Hockey season starts.
No not the Bruins, even though the train station in Boston is fun to be in after a Bruins Home win! The fans are funny as heck, with kooky chants going back and forth where everyone is waiting for their trains.

I root for the Wild, thank you very much but did root for Vegas throughout the playoffs after the Wild were eliminated. They need a Claude Giroux on the Wild! I have never been a Flyers fan but Giroux is a player to build a team around.
06-30-2018, 05:33 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian
TinaS's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,164
Iím in the same boat as you, Beth. I donít have WiFi at all. My only internet is on my phone, and I have poor reception at home. Also, I never win anything. Lol Like you, Iíve been inactive for a while. I mostly had fun helping get the post count up so someone could win. I should really try not to stay gone so long next time. This place is pretty great.
06-30-2018, 05:35 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Veteran Member
BethC's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsylvannia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 377
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
No not the Bruins, even though the train station in Boston is fun to be in after a Bruins Home win! The fans are funny as heck, with kooky chants going back and forth where everyone is waiting for their trains.

I root for the Wild, thank you very much but did root for Vegas throughout the playoffs after the Wild were eliminated. They need a Claude Giroux on the Wild! I have never been a Flyers fan but Giroux is a player to build a team around.
I on the other hand rooted for the Caps. Ovechkin is an amazing player and I thought he deserved, Finally..... the Cup. I also love Holtby, especially with the problems Flyers have had with Goalies. I appreciate a good, solid, consistent guy in the net. I also enjoy watching Wilson when the Caps are NOT playing the Flyers. When they play each other, he scares me!

I'm afraid Giroux's best years are being wasted on the Flyers. I know, as a Flyers fan I shouldn't say that. by the time our young talent has a few years under their belt and could possibly be a force to reckon with, Giroux will have been spent.

Ah... I miss hockey season.....

---------- Post added 06-30-2018 at 08:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Iím in the same boat as you, Beth. I donít have WiFi at all. My only internet is on my phone, and I have poor reception at home. Also, I never win anything. Lol Like you, Iíve been inactive for a while. I mostly had fun helping get the post count up so someone could win. I should really try not to stay gone so long next time. This place is pretty great.
Agreed!! I think I'll stick around this time!!

06-30-2018, 05:45 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Working From Home
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,237
I’d give it a shot anyway Beth. Why not - you never know. On the morning thread it looks like post #50 was about 2 minutes in.
06-30-2018, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 13,456
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
On the morning thread it looks like post #50 was about 2 minutes in.
It was closer to 2 seconds in
The time stamps all show 11:00, so well under a minute.
06-30-2018, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #11
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,861
QuoteOriginally posted by BethC Quote
...... However, just wanted to say. I haven't been on the forums in a long time before this contest started and it's been fun posting and reading and viewing all the photos again! So, maybe I'll try for another entry... maybe I'll just leave it for someone else. But I'm glad to be back around here reading and learning.

Good luck to all who go in.
if the contest and the posts necessary to trigger it got you ( and others ) back into the forums

I am very glad

I chose not to try for the K 1

bottom line, I don't want one and I have had problems trying to get to the forum ( but not my other sites ???)
06-30-2018, 06:28 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Working From Home
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,237
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
It was closer to 2 seconds in
The time stamps all show 11:00, so well under a minute.
Time Stamps? All I saw (and see) is time since post. As I watched, the last post said ‘2 minutes ago’.

Whatever. I didn’t enter (I already have a K-1 and a KP) but I was there.
06-30-2018, 07:19 AM - 3 Likes   #13
Pentaxian
Just1MoreDave's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,767
I didn't get in but I did hear a Pentaxian on NPR this morning - mattb123 (Matt Burt). That was kind of fun, though it's the weird feeling of "knowing" someone only via forum posts.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/30/624911812/hearing-from-new-american-citizens-...dependence-day

Last edited by Just1MoreDave; 06-30-2018 at 08:16 AM.
06-30-2018, 12:54 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,383
QuoteOriginally posted by BethC Quote
.....I never win anything anyway, so it's better someone else be in who would have better odds. However, just wanted to say. I haven't been on the forums in a long time before this contest started and it's been fun posting and reading and viewing all the photos again! So, maybe I'll try for another entry... maybe I'll just leave it for someone else. But I'm glad to be back around here reading and learning.

Good luck to all who go in.
Awesome to hear this got you involved again.
07-01-2018, 04:43 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Scorpio71GR's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Michigan
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,407
I tried to get into the first thread but did not make it in either. About 6:50 ESDT I grabbed my coffee and sat down at the computer. I loaded up the Universal Time Clock Web page. I loaded up the Forum page. I copied my post and was ready to paste it in. I anxiously waited for the time to post. My heart started to beat faster as the excitement grew. Will I make it in? Then it was time. I clicked the link, pasted my text, and click post. Then I received the message, All entries recieved, Doh!. Oh well, the whole experience was fun and I got more involved in the forums again. That really is the intention of the contest. Get more members involved while having fun at the same time. This month brings another attempt at a K-1. I better go out and take some photos to post.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bruins, caps, flyers, fun, home, player, post, root, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Okay Okay I'm opening! eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 12-21-2014 10:38 PM
Okay okay I couldn't wait for the Q ... bought a Sony HX7V Christine Tham Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 21 08-27-2011 05:48 PM
Nature Okay, so I am bored because of the rain ... Christine Tham Post Your Photos! 2 10-02-2010 09:09 PM
Okay, Okay, I cannot resist CharlieO Pentax DSLR Discussion 43 04-10-2010 04:11 AM
Appreciating a photo because its good, or because of a technicality Gooshin General Talk 19 08-20-2008 01:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top