Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Jumping Ship fpr new Brands

Know i dont participate so much in the camera Forums but do log in quite a bit on several forums and read , mainly to learn.
What ive noticed of late or should i say for quite some time is people jumping shp for variouse brands which they percieve are Better ??, and maybe so depending what you use your Camera for??..
To be honest i jumped from the istDs to the K10D to be one of those who wanted better and have drooled over the new Nikon D700 with the thought that if i had won the "Lotto"...
And the other day whilst the grandchildren were visiting they wanted to watch a vedio on the plasma so let them watch "The Bee Movie"..
Whilst they were watching it as always i had my camera handy and istDs with the 50ml f1.4 attatched and shooting at anything that took my fancy including the Movie itself with no flash used and fo me i thought the results were quite good for an amature Photographer and with his so called old gear..
You might ask whats the point for all the rambling lol, but wish to point out that Beuty is in the eye of the beholder as the old saying goes and its knowing how to use your gear sometimes rather than the gear itself!!..
And unless your proffesion is Photography you can spend a fortune chasing that rainbow and jumping from ship to ship..
heres a copy of the said Pic..

Attached Images

09-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I figure that as long as what you have works for you, then enjoy it and not worry about what everybody else is doing. Forget the Joneses!

I'm in a situation where I've got my kit just about how I like it, so I'm not about to switch. Besides the fact that I've got a bunch of money sunk into it, it pretty much does what I want it to do.

Let's face it, no camera system is perfect, so you have to find one that works the best for you. So Pentax doesn't pop out bodies and lenses as quickly as the big 2 do? Most of us are hobbyists and can't afford to upgrade bodies every year. The camera companies just want us to think that we need to upgrade our bodies when, at least for most of us, what we already have works just fine.

It's always refreshing to run into threads like this where people are bucking the consumerism trend and enjoying what they already have.

Heather