Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Top Ten Posters... who else checks it multiple times a day.

Is anyone else checking the top ten posters list more than once a day? I find it interesting to see not only who is on the list but the numbers. Some days it looks like an arms race! Some days it seems more sedate. If I'm on the list I feel a bit mixed about it. On the one hand I know I'm helping get us to the K-1, on the other I worry I'm just spouting off too much and people are tired of hearing from me. I try to be relevant and not trite but who knows... does anyone else feel this mixed emotion about posting so much you are on the list?

07-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Is anyone else checking the top ten posters list more than once a day? I find it interesting to see not only who is on the list but the numbers. Some days it looks like an arms race! Some days it seems more sedate. If I'm on the list I feel a bit mixed about it. On the one hand I know I'm helping get us to the K-1, on the other I worry I'm just spouting off too much and people are tired of hearing from me. I try to be relevant and not trite but who knows... does anyone else feel this mixed emotion about posting so much you are on the list?
true confession time

yes

although I do try to vary from posting photos to commenting on threads seeking information and/or engaging in " witty repartee "

I think my efforts at the last one are my weakest

it is one of the nice things about this forum is that it has so many different threads to allow posters to add input in many areas

and it seems to me that the " usual suspects " are on the top ten list regularily
07-20-2018, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't watch it. I have found it interesting when seen that some top posters I rarely come across and others not there I see more posts than anyone. Shows how dynamic this place is.
07-20-2018, 02:24 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Twice a year tops. Until now, darn it.

07-20-2018, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Honestly, I do check it several times a day - as a check on myself. I want to see the Giveaway succeed, but I don't want to be the primary poster. How much I post depends partly on where my spreadsheet says we should be today {low => post more} and partly on where I stand on the list {high => post less}

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 07-20-2018 at 08:12 PM. Reason: No edit done, clicked on wrong post........DOH !!!
07-20-2018, 08:09 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Closed Account

If I'm on the list I feel a bit mixed about it.
on the other I worry I'm just spouting off too much and people are tired of hearing from me.
I try to be relevant and not trite but who knows.
Hi Brad, there is no need for you to 2nd guess yourself IMO. I have never known you to " spout off," so please don't hold back from posting because you feel that we have " heard enough " from you.
07-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't think I've ever checked it until now. Didn't really even think about it/realized it was there. Guess I should poke around the corners of pages a bit more to see what else I'm missing.

07-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #8
Pentaxian

No, not very often. More by accident than purpose. I find if I am down there at the bottom of the page, I generally take a fast look. Don't think I've ever been on the top ten of posters, probably because I'm a shy, retiring sort of guy with not much to say,
07-21-2018, 05:38 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Don't think I've ever checked it until now. Didn't really even think about it/realized it was there. Guess I should poke around the corners of pages a bit more to see what else I'm missing.
Right there with you. I had no idea it existed. But in the context of the giveaway it has been a frequent consultation.
07-21-2018, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Brad, there is no need for you to 2nd guess yourself IMO. I have never known you to " spout off," so please don't hold back from posting because you feel that we have " heard enough " from you.
That's very kind and probably not a universally held view... Lol.
07-21-2018, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #11
Closed Account

That's very kind and probably not a universally held view... Lol.
I just " tells it the way I sees it."
07-21-2018, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've never checked it but I'm hardly a top poster anyway. Now maybe a bottom ten, I might make that list once in a while.
07-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fuzzyphotos Quote
I've never checked it but I'm hardly a top poster anyway. Now maybe a bottom ten, I might make that list once in a while.
Seriously?
The front pages shows you on 244 posts today! way ahead of everyone else

My apologies it's FozzFoster not you.
07-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #14
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder who, if any one, is consistently in the top ten

and has no interest in entering the contest to get a raffle ticket for the K 1 or K 1 II

I have no interest in either camera but I am doing my best in a small way to get the forum up to the minimum number of posts necessary

am I alone ?
07-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
am I alone ?
No your not... I do a few posts around the forum from time to time, contests or not.

I'm lucky enough to already have my K1s, so if someone else can get one, that's all well and good in my books.