Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2018, 06:01 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Will Japanese consumer electronics be cheaper in the EU after the FTA kicks in 2019?

Hi there, any idea whether we might be getting reduced prices of Japanese electronics goods in 2019, when the EU-Japan free trade agreement is given green light? I am also wondering if there will be ebay import duties ?

07-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
Hi there, any idea whether we might be getting reduced prices of Japanese electronics goods in 2019, when the EU-Japan free trade agreement is given green light? I am also wondering if there will be ebay import duties
Whatever the situation, it is difficult to predict what will happen, the market is constantly fluctuating. Two months ago,
I bought two new lenses in Japan (the 31 limited and the 35mm f/2.0 FA), well you know I saved quite compared to Europe and USA.
Including taxes and customs.

If what you guess will happen would you have a positive improvement for some? Is that what you mean?
07-29-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
jnd

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess we all hope so but to be honest the policy makers don't care much about some ebay sales with mostly used, old gear. Anyway, I read that it will take some time to finalize and kick in so it can be couple years before we see any real world effects.