Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a pretty impressive video. Notice in the specs that the shutter is rated at 3.9Fps? So the thing can now shoot videos but has compromised for the sports shooter which is one of Canon's big strong points.

The video thing does not interest me in the least. Why? because the sensor barely shuts off in this mode and I bet owners who use it much will report tons of hot pixels in very short order. The chip will be running hard and hot even for short bursts.

10-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great point at detail Peter Zack; a lot of advanced amateurs go "goo goo ga ga" over new equipment because of all the "hype", too bad you're not there to point out these things till after the fact.

I can't wait to read on those forums from the fanboys; not shooters, threads like "this D5II is $%$#@^%$" LOL

I'm also hearing from a few "weekend wedding photographers" whom i've heard saying they're going to invest in this for video yada yada "oboy"