Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2018, 06:11 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

I For One Will Be Glad When This Give Away Will Be Over !

As the Dialogue went over the top of my Rubber Boots ; I had to change to hip waders. Trying to find some Wheat amongst all this Chaff is Damn near impossible. From Robo critiques of photos - to resurrected Threads from Yesteryear and Posters dumping their Life Time Knowledge file into the message box for 3 months. Rewarding the top 20 will come with 1 free trip to my Facility. Please turn on the Fan when leaving Next Year Adam PLEASE something different (Quality is better than Quantity)

Last edited by honey bo bo; 10-04-2018 at 06:08 AM.
08-01-2018, 06:16 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

I will be glad when it is over as well... if I win. Otherwise I hope it continues in the fall.
08-01-2018, 06:30 AM - 4 Likes   #3
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
From Robo critiques of photos - to resurrected Threads from Yesteryear and Posters dumping their Life Time Knowledge file into the message box for 3 months.
Yeah I don't understand this being an issue..

I commented like crazy on many, many posts and the responses were overwhelmingly positive - many of the pictures from 'yesteryear' I commented on I was the first person to make a comment and the people would thank me for finally taking a look and enjoyed the 'blast from the past'!

I also personally learned soo much from viewing other peoples great artwork over these couple months! And lots of posts providing insight and questions which may have resulted in a 'life time of knowledge file' but I enjoy talking about photography! I'm not just going to tell people to 'Google it' or something. I like when people post and ask questions.

I even directly messaged Adam asking if my style of commenting shouldn't be allowed - he got back to me mentioning the forum was designed to comment on previously posted photos.

You don't have to read the Dialogue if you don't want to.. no one's forcing you to put on the waders

Last edited by FozzFoster; 08-01-2018 at 07:17 AM.
08-01-2018, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
You don't have to read the Dialogue if you don't want to.. no one's forcing you to put on the waders

08-01-2018, 06:57 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Personally, I'm enjoying some of the blast-from-the-past threads resurrected by these peripatetic prolific posters.

It's like tilling the soil to get a better crop -- mixing things up helps growth.
08-01-2018, 07:02 AM - 5 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have an idea. Just give me the final K-1 now and we can call it, how about that

I don't mind the comments on older photos either, and they're definitely not robo-posts. FozzFoster is actually looking at the pictures and making meaningful comments on them, which is appreciated at least by me.
08-01-2018, 07:17 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am against free things. And, yes, please, do not count this post into this month raffle.

08-01-2018, 08:23 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

I rather like that, with a certain number of posts, this month's contest gets an automatic entry.
08-01-2018, 09:38 AM - 5 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Having had one of my discussions resurrected caused me to look back at an image I posted in the critique forum that I hadn't looked at in close to 6 months. When I posted it I thought it was pretty good, but that 6 months later look again I finally saw why it wasn't as good as I thought and finally understood why. I take that as I sign of how much I have grown since posting it and now appreciate the advice given even more. While I have made an effort to comment more I also have tried to make sure those comments weren't just pointless spam as have others, even if others were reviving long dead discussions.
08-01-2018, 09:57 AM - 4 Likes   #10
Pentaxian

As the Dialogue went over the top of my Rubber Boots ; I had to change to hip waders. Trying to find some Wheat amongst all this Chaff is Damn near impossible. From Robo critiques of photos - to resurrected Threads from Yesteryear and Posters dumping their Life Time Knowledge file into the message box for 3 months. Rewarding the top 20 will come with 1 free trip to my Facility. Please turn on the Fan when leaving Next Year Adam PLEASE something different (Quality is better than Quantity)
I had been averaging around 3 posts per day before the Giveaway.
I raised my average mostly by commenting on photos.
I will make a point of not commenting on your photos in the future.

{but this does count}
08-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #11
Pentaxian

I have had threads resurrected from as much as 7 years ago. That's a little disconcerting. The friends, two of my favourites at the time haven't posted in years, although both attempted comebacks after being gone for couple of years. That was just sad.Internet friendships are at best, ephemeral.
08-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I will make a point of not commenting on your photos in the future.
Not unless you really really really mean it reh321

08-01-2018, 11:32 AM - 2 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I commented like crazy on many, many posts and the responses were overwhelmingly positive - many of the pictures from 'yesteryear' I commented on I was the first person to make a comment
Noticed that - thanks from me as well.
08-01-2018, 02:13 PM - 3 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

Not unless you really really really mean it reh321
I just won't do it if you're that strongly against what I do
{I was second in post count in June and third in July}

btw - I never say what I don't mean
08-01-2018, 02:16 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Pentaxian

I even directly messaged Adam asking if my style of commenting shouldn't be allowed - he got back to me mentioning the forum was designed to comment on previously posted photos.
I was one of the first to "disinter" posts; I started doing it after I saw Adam doing it.

I tend to limit my comments to posts that have two or fewer comments. When I started, most fit that category .... now, not so much. I don't comment on ten posts of white {or whatever color} flower photos from the same person; I should think those would be a much greater problem. I will comment on posts by Rupert {they are always worth seeing again}, sometimes by a few other people such as Kerrowdown, regardless of how many comments they have .... I have now taken Norm off that list.

Last edited by reh321; 08-01-2018 at 02:22 PM.