Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
11 days to go, still need 40%. Can we get there?

With only 11 days to go, we're only at 61%. can we get there? At the rate I've seen, I'm not sure!!!

08-20-2018, 07:06 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

We can do it, just think positive, post away and have fun!

08-20-2018, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #3
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bertie is back - no problemo.
08-20-2018, 09:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Just post awaaaaayyyyy!

08-20-2018, 09:55 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
We can do it, just think positive, post away and have fun!
Oddball! Loved that movie!
08-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Heh, not being negative! I had hoped this would generate more posts to get us even closer! It's working
08-21-2018, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Woot! Oddball! So much good in that movie. Paint rounds. stuck tigers. oh yeah.... I've been trying to help!

---------- Post added 08-21-18 at 07:51 AM ----------

Anybody know how we can tell how many posts we've had this month? I see the overall one but not a monthly tally.

08-21-2018, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote

Anybody know how we can tell how many posts we've had this month? I see the overall one but not a monthly tally.
I don't think there is. I think to do it easily you should have looked at the beginning of August at your total, and the subtracted it from your current total now to get the amount you've done in the month. I think to get to 180 I need at least 240 total, so I am aiming higher than that.
Frustrated with all the smokey skies right now, or I'd be posting more images.
08-21-2018, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aitrus3 Quote
I don't think there is. I think to do it easily you should have looked at the beginning of August at your total, and the subtracted it from your current total now to get the amount you've done in the month. I think to get to 180 I need at least 240 total, so I am aiming higher than that.
Frustrated with all the smokey skies right now, or I'd be posting more images.
That's how I've been doing it. I was mostly lurking before, got into the first one, missed July and decided to try for 180 this month, and still somehow have as much as possible be useful and meaningful.
...but I have resorted to poetry. :P

I've had so much rain lately on the few clear nights we've had I wasn't sure what was high clouds or smoke. I've just been setting my k-50 up on a tripod with an intervalometer, as the rest of the time it's been raining too hard to leave the gem mount outside. Found out my 3 month old da35mm f.24 won't reach infinity. I went back to the 18-55mm kit lens for the trails I posted in my gallery. I also made a time lapse video, but it's too dark and I haven't gotten back to batch process the frames yet.
08-21-2018, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah, I only try to comment on things I actually enjoy or that I am interested in.
Figured I'd try for the auto-entry as well, seeing as I won't have the time at the end of this month to enter the raffle. I did in July, but no time in June, but that was before I knew about the auto-rule.
I'll likely slow down a little here come september but I will stay active. Tired of IG and FB, so will be spending more time here.

I'll take a l
ook at your gallery!
08-21-2018, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I only try to comment on things I actually enjoy or that I am interested in.
Figured I'd try for the auto-entry as well, seeing as I won't have the time at the end of this month to enter the raffle. I did in July, but no time in June, but that was before I knew about the auto-rule.
I'll likely slow down a little here come september but I will stay active. Tired of IG and FB, so will be spending more time here.

I'll take a look at your gallery!
Be gentle! lol. It's a work in progress!

Pretty much describes my current state of things too. Having some trouble with the mechanics of the webforum thing.
08-21-2018, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #12

Wish I was taking more pictures to post. Work seems to interfere. Gotta have money though.
08-21-2018, 08:37 AM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MacGirl Quote
Wish I was taking more pictures to post. Work seems to interfere. Gotta have money though.
That too! Work is insane right now. So busy, photography takes a huge backseat this time of year.
08-21-2018, 08:58 AM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

That too! Work is insane right now. So busy, photography takes a huge backseat this time of year.
Hey I've been through Kamloops a couple times and stayed at the campground at the west end of the lake with my kids.
Always on the way to someplace else, but still, a very nice community.
08-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Hey I've been through Kamloops a couple times and stayed at the campground at the west end of the lake with my kids.
Always on the way to someplace else, but still, a very nice community.
It's beautiful here
West end of the lake would be next to Savanoa though.
It's been smokey the last 2 summers, and sometimes you can't even see a block. Too dry in B.C.