Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2008, 05:49 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteQuote:
look at his street work.....holy macaroni!

I agree his street work is stunning, absolutely stunning. its very intimate and I really like that. he is obviously very talented, at 18 with only 3 years of experience. but all of his street photos look to be very heavily PP'd. if it were done in a more traditional way (maybe B&W) with no serious (noticeable) PP, then I would say he is the best street photographer I have seen since Garry Winogrand, but I just cant get past the fact that all of his photos ooze PP.....

09-20-2008, 06:35 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
séamuis, I do agree but he has an excellent style and eye. Some powerful stuff on that site. PP is just a fact of life and we will have to get used to it.

As for the link Albert provided. What crap. Sorry to be so blunt but I hate seeing someone claim being a Professional Photographer and using an average P&S to take what are at best, snapshots. Stuff like this just strengthens the public's opinion that anybody can do this when the reality is few can do a really professional job. No wonder he doesn't do weddings. They would be a huge let down to the couple.

I don't have an issue with anyone using any camera to make a buck or two and providing a service. But to use the word Professional so often when his ability and quality is so far on the other end of the scale.

The comparison between the two sites is such a stark contrast between a guy with Pro ability and another guy that should go back to the burger joint to get a real job.