Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Came across this photographer

I have no idea what to say about this photographer. Just take a look at his site and his photography.

Quite honestly, I am not sure how he gets any work. I do not mean this in a bad way, but his results seem to be a bit below what I consider to be pro.

Again, I do not want to insult the man and I mean nothing bad by this. He seems like a nice guy and all, It's just I do not see why anyone would hire him based on his work. Am I wrong to think his photography is less than acceptable for someone who gets paid to shoot? Any opinions?

Captured Images, Inc. http://www.capturedimagesbylou.com/home.html

Last edited by Albert Siegel; 09-19-2008 at 06:42 PM.
09-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The language and tone in the website is really unprofessional. What he is saying is really that he is only comfortable shooting informal events in case he stuffs up the photographs. Really funny to read the whole thing.
09-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Maybe you should check out this guy's work

Stunning!!!!

http://www.joeyl.com/
09-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Wow! Great stuff! Thanks for the link. He does stunning work. Great PP.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote

Stunning!!!!

09-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Stunning!!!!

look at his street work.....holy macaroni!
09-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
Very cool, but all have heavy PP done on them..
09-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The language and tone in the website is really unprofessional. What he is saying is really that he is only comfortable shooting informal events in case he stuffs up the photographs. Really funny to read the whole thing.
I really liked the flashing text. On the other hand, if he is there taking the pictures (snapshots), the host and all the friends are free to have a good time. I am sure that his fee is probably fairly reasonable and everybody is happy in the end!

Steve

09-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
Did you see the series on Holy Men? Very impressive (even the disturbing shots)!

I have seen his work before. Talk about an incredible talent.

Steve
09-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
Damn Brit

Stunning!!!!

Thanks for the link James. Incredible work.
09-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
Veteran Member

The business concept is not a bad idea at all. Not everybody is a great photographer (just think of snapshots with cut off heads), but they still would like good shots of their special event and they don't want to pay a small fortune. Not all people photographers want to be bothered with everything that goes formal portraits--the posing, having to deal with and haul around a bunch of lighting equipment, but they can still bring out the best in people in an informal setting.

Heather
09-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AlbertSiegel Quote
I have no idea what to say about this photographer. Just take a look at his site and his photography.

Quite honestly, I am not sure how he gets any work. I do not mean this in a bad way, but his results seem to be a bit below what I consider to be pro.

Again, I do not want to insult the man and I mean nothing bad by this. He seems like a nice guy and all, It's just I do not see why anyone would hire him based on his work. Am I wrong to think his photography is less than acceptable for someone who gets paid to shoot? Any opinions?

Captured Images, Inc. Captured Images, Inc.
Seems to me that he has defined a market niche and is aiming to fill it in a more relaxed informal way, compared to other photographers aimed at the more traditional and more formal events that John Q Public normally thinks for photographers. I had no problems with his tone, approach, or the business concept. Didn't look closely at the photos themselves so offer no opinion on that aspect.

Jim
09-20-2008, 01:12 AM   #12

Stunning!!!!

Don't know if you saw his profile, but he's just 18 years old!!!
09-20-2008, 03:11 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I've thought about doing something precisely along those lines. Might not be a bad little sideline.

I don't think I would post representative photos with the models suffering from red-eye, though.
09-20-2008, 03:23 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Stunning!!!!

Thats so weird! i saw a feature about him just the other day in a magazine at school... i guess thats where you saw him? yeah, he comes from a small town and started photography at 15 or something. Sounds a little like me really, i'll be so happy if i'm that good by the time i'm 18
09-20-2008, 04:35 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Albert, he says he's a 'digital photographer' which at least is not what most people with a digital SLR are calling themselves.

Not everyone can afford to pay a full-time "professional" so shoot their events.