Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Geotagging questions

Ok guys and gals, I'm new to this geotagging thing, I just haven't given it much thought until my sister-inlaw gave me a ATP GPS yesterday. I'm not overly impressed with it. (but thats another story) it's a cool ideal and I do have the perfect use for it.

Here is my question; I have recently aquiered a Garmin Rino 530hcx and I have an apple, can I use these two systems together to geotag my files? If so how would you go about it.

In a week and half, the wife and I are going to take a 5000 mile journey to the South West and I would like to be able to map this trip with pictures for the family and friends.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

09-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You can eat the apple, but not the Garmin. But, if you are talking about Apple, then...

You can use Picasa3 (BETA) to geotag your pictures, too.
09-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I have two apples (red Delicious and a gravenstine, Oh my god there good) anyway, Picasa3 is that a drag and drop program? any way to batch tag with the above hardware, I think I may have a few pictures to tag.

The Rino manual says I can upload track profile to a computer, I just don't know if it is apple compatable or which program I would use to merge the photos to the track.
09-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I use this on my Mac

HoudahGeo - Geocoding for the Mac

Although I don't own a GPS and use their map locating function to tag the photos but they do claim "connects to many Garmin" devices.

cheers

Greg