Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2018, 06:34 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Flickr ends near unlimited (1TB) uploads for free accounts and sets it to 1000

Home | Flickr

Pro accounts $49,95 a year with 30% off for fast deciders.
I have two accounts. One of them is quickly approaching the 1000 mark....

11-01-2018, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #2

Just saw this today.

I've got over 3000 on my account right now and I'm wondering whether I should keep investing in flickr after being on it for 11 years (more than half that time as pro). This is the first time that flickr will actually be deleting photos (as opposed to just not letting you see them if your subscription runs out). That seems risky if one day my credit card just doesn't work (which happens since the bank is always sending new ones due to security issues). Will I just log on one day to find 2000+ photos gone due to a glitch?

The user experience has slowly degraded over the years to the point where there've been times lately that even I've been confused about how to use the site. Sharing things with others meant one more sign-in to my family. It's become more of a hassle and less of a benefit with each passing year. The world has largely moved on from the flickr model of sharing. I've maintained it out of stubbornness and frankly because that's where I've curated my best shots over the years. I do like the privacy controls. It's probably the one great feature I value still.

Who still uses flickr here and is thinking of keeping it?
11-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Home | Flickr

Pro accounts $49,95 a year with 30% off for fast deciders.
I have two accounts. One of them is quickly approaching the 1000 mark....
Yep !

That is also discussed here: Flickr is going back to limited free accounts - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com
Closed Thread