Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2018, 10:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
ASUS notebook

Hi all, I have a problem with said notebook, 2 of the hard drives keep on disappearing, drive E with my pictures and drive D which has nothing on it and never has, when the drives do appear the computer always says there is a problem with drive D, I am confused and frustrated as I dont have a clue what to do and understand 0 about computers, I would be grateful if someone could tell me in laymen terms more or less what I am doing wrong, thanks Ian

11-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps if you told us which Asus notebook you have we could help you easier. Model number would help a lot. And most notebooks only have one harddrive, not two, but some have a recovery section on the same drive, that could be the one you're talking about that has nothing on it and never will.

Are the others a flash drive or perhaps a dvd/cd drive? The more information you can supply the easier we can help.

And what operating system is on it? Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10?
11-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
bxf
Pentaxian

With your consent, it would be possible for someone to logon to your computer and check things out. Let us know if you'd be open to such a procedure.
11-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks all, i took it for a 100km ride on my bike and now it is working fine could have been dust or some foreign matter, anyhow if it happens again i will take it for another bouncy ride, regards ian

11-12-2018, 04:30 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IIRC the same fix works for overtired infants who won't go to sleep...

Chris