Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2018, 07:04 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't know to laugh or cry...

I'm reading comments on Facebook about stitched panoramas of Mars from Curiosity Rover published by NASA.
It's unbelievable! Are those comments for real? All that people, how they can be so ignorant?

I copied some comments from there:

NASA you already lied to us with the moon landing what makes you think we’re going to believe this? Hell of a green screen though

The camera isn’t attached to the vehicle though. Is there a separate vehicle that strictly holds the 360 degree camera? I mean, we all know that nasa goes to the salt desert in Bolivia when claiming trips to the moon and to New Mexico when claiming them to mars... but
This isn’t helping guys

I have a question though... if this is mars and that is the new mars rover landed June 2018... then who the **** is taking the panoramic picture? Cos if you pan around there's no selfie stick like arm coming from the rover to a camera! Magic mystery floating cameras of mars �������� fake as **** and filmed in the Nevada deserts somewhere

highfive! I have the same question. Its a **** of fake.

I saw the creepy dude too in the lense

Another fake nasa event. It’s south of Kandahar

Why is there birds on mars? What are are the black things in the background?

The sun kinda looks the same size as it does on Earth. Weird.

What’s holding the camera? Someone set up a tri-pod.

This is such bull... looks like the outskirts of Fontana ca please ��*♂️fake fake fake

Ok, first off- I thought we actually did land on mars until now... anyone who plays video games, knows this is fake.
Second, where is this camera coming from? It’s not attached to the machine or anything... soooo

Soooo who's taking the picture if I'm looking at the camera, look down it's not a rover camera...

So what part of earth was this taken at?

think nasa is what they do when they need to balance the deficit . Oh it cost 30 billion for a launch so we’ll pretend to send something into space. Then we’ll balance the loss through our taxpayers blood sweat and tears

probably in a film studio somewhere like the apollo mission was in 1969 supposed to have landed on the moon! Not too convinced about the colour

Something looks like a hole drilled in a rock beside rover looks kinda like an ant mound

Where’s the camera that allows for the 360 degree viewing at any time? Where is it attached?

AM GUESSING ARIZONA NEAR A COPPER MINE.. THAT IS THE RIGHT COLOR. I USED TO HAUL RAW COPPER FROM THOSE MINES..

Why dont they drive to those hills and to a high point so you get a better picture. Maybe there are buildings there.

Hmm...you can see the sun??? Looks just like it does on Earth to me!

How did a craft use propulsion in a vaccumm? Why didn't it melt in space? And that many millions kms away, how the **** does the signal fair. Space is fake and all you idiots that believe it deserve to be fed ****. Npcs.

egit question: why is the camera connected to nothing? Were the exposures that precise?

One small step for man - one giant chunk out of the taxpayers bank account.

that is a 360 degree view and all sides of the rover are in it

Impossible! Unless there is a second camera suspended in midair taking an aerial shot Totally fake

Last edited by BigMackCam; 11-30-2018 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Edited quotes in line with forum rules
11-30-2018, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ignorance is bliss
11-30-2018, 07:41 AM - 5 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

People gonna believe what they want. Every comment section on the Internet proves it. Including PF.
11-30-2018, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Including PF.
That degree of ignorance? Don't you dare!

11-30-2018, 08:19 AM - 11 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

One of the things that has always impressed me, after growing up in an academic family where rigour was demanded of us, even as kids, is how many people there are out there for whom their level of ignorance is a point of pride.
11-30-2018, 08:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Good grief. Ridiculous
11-30-2018, 08:33 AM - 3 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"I find a frank acknowledgment of one’s ignorance is not only the easiest way to get rid of a difficulty, but the likeliest way to obtain information, and therefore I practice it: I think it an honest policy. Those who affect to be thought to know every thing, and so undertake to explain every thing, often remain long ignorant of many things that others could and would instruct them in, if they appeared less conceited."

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance."

11-30-2018, 08:54 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's like two different universes which rarely cross with each other: one is all people who made all this space exploration happened, and another is just... those who comment on FB
11-30-2018, 08:55 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
". Those who affect to be thought to know every thing, and so undertake to explain every thing, often remain long ignorant of many things that others could and would instruct them in, if they appeared less conceited."
That is more about conceit than ignorance.
A straw man, setting up "Those who affect to be thought to know every thing, and so undertake to explain every thing," and knocking them down. Very few people think they know and can explain everything. You could look at the other side of this. The ignorant are those who refuse to change their opinions values etc. when in the presence of someone who knows more. If there is one thing I've observed about intelligent people, most of them have a real sense of what they know, and what they don't know. To a certain extent it's lack of self awareness that causes ignorance, and the lack of the ability to question one's own assumptions and biases.

Most ignorance is contributed to by accepting falsehoods promoted by those who benefit from ignorance, and there are many.
11-30-2018, 09:41 AM - 5 Likes   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any comments from Australia?
11-30-2018, 09:41 AM - 5 Likes   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Where...?
11-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
In FB comments? I don't know. Here is the link.

360º VR Photography - 360pano.eu - Home | Facebook

11-30-2018, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
That degree of ignorance? Don't you dare!
I reference the constant flow of new members who only post about mirrorless, of the opinion that PentaxIsDoomed if they don’t break the mirror.

Only half

Last edited by monochrome; 11-30-2018 at 08:16 PM.
11-30-2018, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just heard about Brandolini's Law:

Ordre Spontané: Brandolini’s law
12-01-2018, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
The BS asimmetry: the amount of energy needed to refute BS is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.
A good argument for never correcting BS. Just leave the forum full of truths and nonsense side by side and let the user filter through it. After all, the forum has no commitment to providing accurate information (unless it comes to the actual forum authors, who are very committed.) It's just a collection of what people think. good and bad.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-02-2018 at 01:04 PM.