Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 51 Likes Search this Thread
01-15-2021, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have posted these pictures in different threads before. My current bike is a Honda VFR1200x, in Europe it is also called Crosstourer.
The very reliable 129hp V4 engine is just wonderful, shaft dive is great for a lazy guy like me and the bike is perfect for long distance travels, comfortable with decent weather protection.
Several times I have ridden more than 1000km on one day without any issues. Currentyl approximately 65.000km on the clock.

The bike has taken me to several photo tours and workshops. To Sicily, eastern Poland and Scotland. And hopefully several more to come. Italy, northern Spain and Romania would be great!
When I do long distance trips one of the paniers is reserved for photo gear (K1 plus grip, 4 ... 5 lenses, tripod and a small laptop) and my rain gear (don't ride through Scotland without ...)

Before the Crosstourer I've had a sportstourer, a Honda VFR 750 (RC36). Loved that bike and rode it for nearly 100.000km.
But I am nearly 64 now and the "sporty" knee-angle became an issue during longer rides ...

Last edited by volley; 01-15-2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: correcting typos
02-05-2021, 08:08 PM - 5 Likes   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Name:  IMG_0123.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  193.3 KB

1978 BMW R80/7. Same vintage as my MX (and my marriage!), although I’ve only owned the bike since 98. Photo taken with iPhone.

Basil
02-05-2021, 09:06 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bbsteinle Quote
Attachment 524565

1978 BMW R80/7. Same vintage as my MX (and my marriage!), although I’ve only owned the bike since 98. Photo taken with iPhone.

Basil
Beautiful motorcycle. Air cooled, boxer twin, shaft drive. Always wanted one, never got one. Have/had other motorcycles in my life, but not a air cooled , flat twin.

Back in the '60's my dream bike was a R60 or a R69s.
02-10-2021, 10:58 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Question for all you MC enthusiasts. I'm looking to buy a small zoom camera to take great pictures with. Probably not a Pentax or a DSLR. Are there any concerns about the camera shaking in a motorcycle saddlebag? What do you use, and how has it held up?

TIA!!

02-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Any suggestions?

I'm considering the Lumix 100 and the Sony RX100? Hope to keep it around $200.

---------- Post added 02-16-21 at 11:45 AM ----------

Or would I be better off throwing a zoom lens onto my existing K10?
02-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 87Duckfan Quote
Any suggestions?

I’ve had a Sony RX 100 for a couple of years and as a pocketable carry around it gives some quite pleasing results.

There’s a thread for it here

Post your Sony RX100 Pictures Here - PentaxForums.com
02-17-2021, 04:55 AM - 2 Likes   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Question for all you MC enthusiasts. I'm looking to buy a small zoom camera to take great pictures with. Probably not a Pentax or a DSLR. Are there any concerns about the camera shaking in a motorcycle saddlebag? What do you use, and how has it held up?

TIA!!
I did 3 road trips (~10K km total) with my trusty K-x and a 18-250mm stuffed in my tank bag. If the vibration from the motorcycle impacted that camera in any way, I have not noticed as it's still going strong. Here are a few photos.

Colorado Rockies (Photo/Trip 1)

Beartooth Pass (Photo/Trip 2)

Mount Ranier (Photo/Trip 3)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
02-17-2021, 08:55 AM   #38

My Triumph Explorer bought in New Jersey in 2012 and here en route to, and at, the MotoGP in Indianapolis in 2013. The final picture is the weather radar for my two day ride back from Indy going over I80. I was the only bike on the road for over 800 miles. It was so wet I think there were jetski's passing me on the downhill sections!!! And there were these mini-twisters right on the road and tornado alarms going off in towns I was passing through. Scariest and most exhilarating ride of my life.

She came back to the UK with us when we came home in 2015 and she's waiting for lockdown to ease to get back out again.

I first rode a Yamaha FS1E which belonged to a friend of mine, then when I was in St Thomas I rented a bike most Saturday to see the Island. Bought a CB100N when I got home from my first trip and rode different bikes for 8 years. So I stopped riding in 1989 and got back in the saddle in 2012 - too long It's hard to explain why I ride but I can say that I talk a lot to my bike when I am riding especially when the weather is really bad. I do take my EM1 MkII when I go out but usually when I have a destination in mind otherwise I may just rely on the phone.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SAMSUNG-SGH-I317  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SAMSUNG-SGH-I317  Photo   
02-17-2021, 10:54 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by moggi1964 Quote

I first rode a Yamaha FS1E which belonged to a friend of mine, then when I was in St Thomas I rented a bike most Saturday to see the Island. Bought a CB100N when I got home from my first trip and rode different bikes for 8 years. So I stopped riding in 1989 and got back in the saddle in 2012 - too long It's hard to explain why I ride but I can say that I talk a lot to my bike when I am riding especially when the weather is really bad. I do take my EM1 MkII when I go out but usually when I have a destination in mind otherwise I may just rely on the phone.

I remember the Yamaha fizzie,most lads of my ages’ first venture into two wheeled motorised transport (other popular starter bikes were the Suzuki AP50 and the Honda SS50)

Coincidentally my first,and only real,motorbike was a Honda CB100,sadly sold to fund an engagement ring for the first Mrs B
02-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
I remember the Yamaha fizzie,most lads of my ages’ first venture into two wheeled motorised transport,coincidentally my first,and only real,motorbike was a Honda CB100,sadly sold to fund an engagement ring for the first Mrs B
I think he spent more time rebuilding the engine as he did riding it

I put a full fairing on my CB100N which the dealer thought was nuts and to be fair it couldn't get above 65mph on the flat but I rode miles and miles on it and appreciated the cover. Damn thing did about 600mph with a tailwind mind you

Clearly the first Mrs B didn't appreciate your sacrifice

Time for another bike maybe?
02-17-2021, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

I think he spent more time rebuilding the engine as he did riding it

I put a full fairing on my CB100N which the dealer thought was nuts and to be fair it couldn't get above 65mph on the flat but I rode miles and miles on it and appreciated the cover. Damn thing did about 600mph with a tailwind mind you

Clearly the first Mrs B didn't appreciate your sacrifice

Time for another bike maybe?
I’ve a picture in my mind of someone clinging onto CB100 in full “sail”

I have been considering a return to two wheels,in recent years it has been limited to rented scooters on holiday. I’m in need of cheap secondary transport and have seriously considered something like a Suzuki Address (probably anathema to the real bike nuts on here!)
02-19-2021, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #42

I’ve a picture in my mind of someone clinging onto CB100 in full “sail”

I have been considering a return to two wheels,in recent years it has been limited to rented scooters on holiday. I’m in need of cheap secondary transport and have seriously considered something like a Suzuki Address (probably anathema to the real bike nuts on here!)
Motorbikes are like cameras, use what works for your needs and to hell with what anyone else thinks. I am going to draw the line at a Suzuki Address though
02-19-2021, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

Motorbikes are like cameras, use what works for your needs and to hell with what anyone else thinks. I am going to draw the line at a Suzuki Address though
At least it would be an improvement on my very first moped

NVT!?
02-19-2021, 10:16 PM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

At least it would be an improvement on my very first moped

NVT!?
My first motorized vehicle was a new 1965 Jawa 50cc two stroke single cylinder, producing 3 horsepower. It had a 3 speed transmission and a top speed...when I crouched down, of 44 miles per hour. It was made in Czechoslovakia.

Not fast, but it was great to have a vehicle. I had it when I was 16 years old. Mine looked like the blue one, although it was a maroon colour with gray leg shields.

https://www.jawa-50.cz/
02-27-2021, 01:49 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any suggestions?

I never had any problems with my old K10 carrying it around on various bikes over the years.