Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 84 Likes Search this Thread
12-26-2018, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A spyder5 pro calibration tool and another 2GB external drive I just ordered for myself. That and a quiet house as it is just me and the cat here till after the New Year.

12-26-2018, 05:54 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am the lucky recipient of the P30T and ZX-M Pentax 35mm film bodies in the Pentax Forums 2018 Holiday Giveaway.

Special thanks to fellow members 17dew and gaweidert for these lovely gifts!

Chris
12-26-2018, 07:40 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The camera gear I want/need is too expensive. I got plenty of cat toys for my kitten a few bottles of fine spirits to add to my liquor cabinet, and plenty of chocolate. I made up two 1.9L pitchers worth of raspberry daiquiris* and mojitos** and they were both empty in no time at all, it has been hot here in Australia..in general.

* Frozen Rasberries, Chambord liqueur, plenty of ice and white Barbados rum [Mount Gay Eclipse Silver]

** Fresh mint, Simple syrup, Fresh squeezed limes, Ice, lightly aged Cuban rum [Havana Club 3 y.o]
12-26-2018, 07:40 PM - 2 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
I couldn't stop myself from picking up a K-1 II a couple of months ago when the package deals were available. I informed my wife that was her Christmas present to me.
Similar story here... Picked up a shiny new K-1 Mk II a couple of weeks ago to be given to me as a present from my wife. I waited patiently while it sat under the tree, lovingly wrapped and bowed. Played with it a bit the last couple of days but I definitely have a learning curve ahead of me!

12-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
Similar story here... Picked up a shiny new K-1 Mk II a couple of weeks ago to be given to me as a present from my wife. I waited patiently while it sat under the tree, lovingly wrapped and bowed. Played with it a bit the last couple of days but I definitely have a learning curve ahead of me!
Depending on what prior system you are 'graduating" from, I applaud the Pentax engineers for easing the learning curve. To me, the Pentax menu system is easy to use and is not confusing to present Pentaxians…..I enjoy my K-1 Mkii but I just love the KP--so much fun. built like a tank and currently has more lens selection available. The K-1 ii is excellent in field work and low light as well, but it is a bit bulky. the larger files it produces are fantastic, but to me 24mp is more than enough

Best of luck with your new K-1 ii....
12-27-2018, 02:42 AM - 3 Likes   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Does this count? A wonderful neighbor bought this little darling for me for Christmas! She's about one pound, and will only reach 6-7 pounds. Maltese/poodle.

Meet Trixie!
Cute
I got a robotic vacuum cleaner, so happy!
12-27-2018, 03:45 AM - 2 Likes   #37
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

this arrived for Christmas, too

look carefully...

12-27-2018, 05:05 AM - 2 Likes   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Nice, let us know if this cures LBA
12-27-2018, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #39
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

look carefully...
Should be perfect for caffenol development
12-27-2018, 05:25 AM - 2 Likes   #40
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Nice, let us know if this cures LBA
not even close - I've bought two lenses this week...
12-27-2018, 05:26 AM - 4 Likes   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn't get any equipment - most of what's left on my wish list is as far beyond the financial means of familiy as it is beyond my means, though I did get a couple of very good reads about photography.

However, the other highlight was what I gave to my brother, (and to myself), which was a nice big book (39.5x30cm, 96pp) of my photographs from the last year - one of those that you design online and are printed for you - in this case by Vistaprint ( about £37 with promotional discount) - and I must say it's really nicely done and it really feels good seeing the pictures printed - some whole page size, others grouped. The best thing though is the encouragement it gives me to take the pictures to make an even better one next year

Last edited by ffking; 12-27-2018 at 09:20 AM.
12-27-2018, 11:09 AM   #42
Pentaxian

The only photography related item is a collapsible LED-illuminated light box, so I can fiddle with shooting things like the wife’s jewelry and other small things. I also received a number of Dremel tools and accessories for the craft work I want to devote more time to now that retirement is here. My wife’s at home after knee replacement, so we didn’t do much else ...
12-27-2018, 01:36 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I did get a couple of very good reads about photography.
We ought to have a book review section?, then again there are reviews all over the place so maybe not.

Today my Son came over with his GF, having had Christmas at hers this year. So we did Christmas day all over again and I got 'The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC / Lightroom 6 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers Paperback' from my list.
12-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #44
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
We ought to have a book review section?, then again there are reviews all over the place so maybe not.

Today my Son came over with his GF, having had Christmas at hers this year. So we did Christmas day all over again and I got 'The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC / Lightroom 6 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers Paperback' from my list.
Not sure you would want to start one,

I did something similar and then was informed that this thread is current:

What book on your table now - PentaxForums.com

whoops

not sure you would think it is a book review thread, check it out for yourself
12-27-2018, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My family picked several items from my simple gift list.

I received a terrific pair of long-nose pliers made by the German firm NWS (to replace my well-worn 30-year old tool). They fit the hand well, they're precisely made, and their joint friction is just right. From Lee Valley Tools. It's great to have well-made hand tools.

Another gift was a pair of recent books on the ill-fated Franklin Expedition of 1845 in the Canadian Arctic. You may know that Franklin's two ships, HMS Erebus and HMS Terror, were discovered (finally) in 2014 and 2016, respectively. I've been reading about Franklin for about ten years, and the two books will make nice additions to my library.

A nifty high-end cutting board for the kitchen. Also from Lee Valley.

A nice cookbook.

Maybe you can tell -- I like to work with my hands; I like to make and fix things; I love to cook; and I enjoy learning about world explorations of years ago.

No photography-related things this year, for a change.

- Craig