Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2019, 06:37 PM   #1

I’m alive, barely.

September 2017 I was in a car crash. A selfish person ran a red light by 10 seconds. Foot to the floor for a quarter mile.

I was T-boned bad the straight into a guardrail dead stop.

Shins to head bruised. Trauma induced cyst in knee. TBI. Bruised face. Crushed C3 C4 C5. It’s all titanium now. 1 mm away from an internal decapitation.

I’m 54 my baby 8. My daddy died when I was 28 months ( an indirect result of the war in south east Asia ).

It was close to contine the cycle.

Folks and friends make sure you have $1M in UM/UIM insurance. They did not have jack. Not even enough to pay half my ER bill. Make sure you have 30k in medical payments.

Permanent burning electric needles in my hands and feet. No more himelaya roller coasters white water rafting. The list goes to 200. My surgeon doesn’t even want me to ride a bike.

Insert coolest Argentina accent.
Everything has a risk. The risk is for your whole life. Be careful my friend.

You will have to pay back your medical insurance what they paid out. ( depending on state, I did).

I collected 70k for 1.5 M in injuries and permanent disabilies. I still go to work but I am tired and beat and hurt. It’s an office job. My last job was a hands on systems engineer on a secret government project.

I would have been not able to return to that. I switched jobs to something that stinks to keep my baby. 1/3 less and 1/2 the vacation ( I’m a fed now). But my work plus commute was 78 hours a week ( but did not work warm fridays). Now work plus commute is 44 hours a week.

Been a long two years.

Don’t read this as a bitter post. I’m happy to be alive. I’m happy to be with my baby.

The hurtful part. The baby had to memorize the phone code and what to do if I go down. I know it made her afraid but the reality we can’t be in FL and I go down and she is clueless.

If I’m hit hard again I die before the ambulance arrives.

Last edited by Ash; 02-16-2019 at 08:19 PM. Reason: hidden expletive
02-16-2019, 07:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome back Mike!
02-16-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to hear of the mindless accident you had to endure the consequences of, but indeed happy that you're pleased to be here on earth with us all. Is there a Mrs in the picture to help you out with your 8yo?
Your positive attitude is inspiring.
Hope you enjoy the forum any any photography you get to do.
02-16-2019, 08:44 PM   #4

Original Poster
I can’t imagine being married with a broken neck. I’d rather be dead than be married and I mean it.

I’m MGTOW red pill man now.

It’s not meant to be negative. I have a fixed amount of time, money, and energy. It all goes into my daughter.

It seems I can only be viewed as a wallet, chef, and maid. My life has more meaning than that.

I live a life of freedom and joy.

02-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mike, I didn't mean to pry on that matter, but thanks for the insight. Indeed every one of our lives has unique and valuable meaning. Otherwise we'd be in a real mess as a rational and logical species.
May you continue to press on and take care.
02-16-2019, 09:45 PM   #6

Original Poster
I had self esteem issues that were corrected when i took the red pill.
02-17-2019, 01:20 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome back, Mike. I hope that things improve some more as time passes.