Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2019, 05:27 PM   #1

1TB microSD !!!

1TB microSD cards are now a thing - The Verge

Holy...! I wonder, are they as stable as SD card? imagine people faces when it fails on them.

02-25-2019, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
1TB microSD cards are now a thing - The Verge

Holy...! I wonder, are they as stable as SD card? imagine people faces when it fails on them.
insanity
but since i remember working w 5.25inch floppys that were 160kb im not surprised by capacity incrwases and improvements .. i jus wait till they make more price sense now

03-02-2019, 10:57 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
I sure would like it to be stable. It would be a perfect addition to upgrade the old laptop. I already installed a 1TB ssd drive. Put this in the slot and it could possibly stave off a new purchase.

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
but since i remember working w 5.25inch floppys that were 160kb im not surprised by capacity incrwases and improvements .. i jus wait till they make more price sense now
And on my Apple //e the floppy was only 128KB! Also I spent about $100 extra for the board that doubled my RAM to 128KB. The first hard drive for the //e was 5MB for something like $500. Now one RAW photo is 30MB.
03-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
I sure would like it to be stable. It would be a perfect addition to upgrade the old laptop. I already installed a 1TB ssd drive. Put this in the slot and it could possibly stave off a new purchase.
that is a very good idea. if it is as stable as typical SSD, I would do that for sure.

03-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote

And on my Apple //e the floppy was only 128KB! Also I spent about $100 extra for the board that doubled my RAM to 128KB. The first hard drive for the //e was 5MB for something like $500. Now one RAW photo is 30MB.
my first year in sales i was selling the apple ii c, commodore vic 20, and Commodore 64 but no dos systems at my location , and of course we had the monster apple dot matrix to go with the iic and a different one we sold with commodore or to dos owners ... but i was actually there to sell audio and video (small store so i sold everything from appliances to cameras as well
03-07-2019, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
my first year in sales i was selling the apple ii c, commodore vic 20, and Commodore 64 but no dos systems at my location , and of course we had the monster apple dot matrix to go with the iic and a different one we sold with commodore or to dos owners ... but i was actually there to sell audio and video (small store so i sold everything from appliances to cameras as well
My first home computer was an Atari 400. I couldn't stand the keyboard and took it back to the store and traded it in on an Atari 800. Disk drives weren't around then and I had to use cassette tapes for storage. IIRC, the first disk drives for them held 90kb and were single side only. How things have changed!

My current desktop has 6 drives. Two are SSD, the boot 1TB and the primary picture storage 2TB. The four drives total 25TB and are used for programs, video, music and backup - lots of back up!