Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
Forum Member

What is a good time for a foliage tour around New England

I am planning my vacation, need to rent a car etc. but not sure which weekend should go? I plan to visit Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine...

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

10-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Inactive Account

A week ago in southern NH. I was just there and the colors were undeniably at peak. It was raining the whole time though so not much in the way of photo op's, but still fun to look at.
10-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From what I've heard, the Green Mountains in Vermont are already at or past peak. It's going to be a fast season this year. Mass should hit peak in most areas about mid Oct.
10-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
only a few trees in my neck of the woods have turned. I am in western mass north of Springfield.

10-03-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The higher eleveated areas of the Adirondacks and Green Mountains are at peak NOW so try for this weekend or next as the valleys will be at peak by then. The weather has been rainy and a lot of wind the last couple of days and the leaves will fall fast. Maine and NH are probably similar. You might want to check out some of those DOT webcams in the areas you are thinking of visiting. I visited my daughter last weekend at parents weekend at St. Lawrence Univ. and the drive through the central Adirondacks from North Creek through Tupper Lake was at near peak color. There was a very noticeable difference from thursday to sunday. The leaves are changing fast so plan to go soon.
10-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
New England Foliage Map - Yankee Foliage - Your Source for New England Fall Foliage

woof!