Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
On my darkroom door.

Please keep shut, otherwise you will let all the dark out

04-01-2019, 04:03 AM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
The famous poet and playwright, Oscar Wilde once said ...." I can resist everything except temptation..."

A sentiment that applies to many of us and unfortunately I am one, who can resist everything except temptation.

However in my particular case, it seems to apply mostly in the area of cameras and lenses. I have found that his statement on the perils of temptation are often on my mind, before I make a purchase, but generally only for a brief time.
Thanks to the sigma-600mm lens incident, I now have a policy of explicitly not looking at camera lenses, with the specific intent of not exposing myself to temptation!

And now, on the quote front from my partner:
QuoteQuote:
It's alright, bad photos happen! You can always go back and try again... and you definitely should, because that is a terrible photo and you should be ashamed of yourself. What on earth were you thinking?

Last edited by cprobertson1; 04-01-2019 at 08:17 AM.
04-04-2019, 01:55 AM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
The good thing about making mistakes is that others can learn from them after they finish laughing and pointing at you.
-Mark Stanley
04-04-2019, 07:26 PM - 2 Likes   #34
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are 3 key points to effective communication:
Knowing what to say, knowing how to say it, and knowing when to shut up.